In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Step Father Passed Away

watrulookinatwatrulookinat Member Posts: 4,693
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
We had his Memorial this morning and it started to rain. The memorial was held at a Veterians Park and was preceded with Military Honors.

My step father served as a Marine during World War II.

He was a bit older then my mother by eighteen years. He was in my life since I was seventeen and I'm now forty five. He treated my mother with the utmost respect and had unconditional love for all of us. He is a great man and will be missed dearly.

I met other Marines that were present at my step fathers memorial and it was a great honor to talk with them and shake thier hands and listen to some of their storys.

I took a picture of Marine Veteran standing with my mother. He helped organize the Military Honors for my step father. I noticed he had a Bronze Star and Purple Heart among allot of other medals.

I thanked him for his sacrifices and he explained to me that he didn't consider it a sacrifice at all. He said it was an honor not a sacrifice. He was a Vietnam Veteran and very proud of his service.

I watched the Marines unfold and then refold the American flag with such care and pride and then hand the flag to my mother. All I could think about, was how proud I was of my step father and what an honor it was to have him in my life for the time that we had together as a family.

I love and miss you

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNzMtMjAwOTA1MjMtMTEzN.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNzEtMjAwOTA1MjMtMDk1N.jpg

Comments