In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Comeback's was this you Nunn

arraflipperarraflipper Member Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
A friend in Texas sent me this one and I first thought of Nunn, right away.

BEST COMEBACK RESPONSE OF THE YEAR
>

>
> If you ever testify in court, you might wish you could have been as > sharp as this policeman. He was being cross-examined by a defense > attorney during a felony trial. The lawyer was trying to undermine > the policeman's credibility..
>
> Q: 'Officer -- did you see my client fleeing the scene?'
> A: 'No sir. But I subsequently observed a person matching the > description of the offender, running several blocks away.'
> Q: 'Officer -- who provided this description?'
> A: 'The officer who responded to the scene.'
> Q: 'A fellow officer provided the description of this so-called > offender. Do you trust your fellow officers?'
> A: 'Yes, sir. With my life.'
> Q: 'With your life? Let me ask you this then officer. Do you have a > room where you change your clothes in preparation for your daily > duties?'
> A: 'Yes sir, we do!'
> Q: ' And do you have a locker in the room?'
> A: 'Yes sir, I do.'
> Q: 'And do you have a lock on your locker?'
> A: 'Yes sir.'
> Q: 'Now why is it, officer, if you trust your fellow officers with > your life, you find it necessary to lock your locker in a room you > share with these same officers?'
> A: 'You see, sir -- we share the building with the court complex, > and sometimes lawyers have been known to walk through that room.'
>
> The courtroom EXPLODED with laughter, and a prompt recess was > called. The officer on the stand has been nominated for this year's > 'Best Comeback' line -- and we think he'll win.

Comments