In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What a Night

grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
edited October 2010 in General Discussion
What a night,I wonder why I wasnt born smart enought to get into politics.No I love my job with the exception of some parts of it,delivering messages is the hardest part of it.I go on at 8:00PM normally,well it was looking like a typical night lots of calls to few Officers,also worked a minor accident on the Interstate.Then things slowed down I ran my paper work up to Headquarters,and came back into the County and had an item to pick up at the Sheriffs Office Dispatch.So this is 1:00AM or so and I was talking guns with one of the Dispatchers,and even logged on here and I think Red223 was on as well.I introduced the Male Dispatcher to this site,the female wasnt very interested.Then I say Im going to get lunch at Hardee's what do you guys want?So I went 1 mile I guess to Hardee's and got our food.The drive threw's make our radios go crazy so I turn mine way down and while waiting I think I hear my unit no being addressed?So when I get out I turn the radio up and ask my Dispatcher if she was trying to contact me?The reply was negative so I go back to County Dispatch todrop off their food and they tell me they have been trying to reach me on (SIRS) that a Deputy was on the scene at house outside one of the small towns answering a noise complaint and someone from inside fired a weapon at his cruiser,and the other Deputy working the County was en route to assist him.So I notify my Dispatcher what I was assisting the County own.When I arrived their other Deputy was their and we set up a perimeter around the house and a Deputy supervisor was called out as well as the Sheriff.The Deputy who had first arrived told me the story and that he didnt even remember the sound of the shot go off,just it hitting the windshield and cracking it.Which is common bullets from a Handgun are likely to glance off of windshields.So Im out in the freezing cold,I guess upper teens while they try to get this guy to come out until around 5:20AM this morning.I was supposed to get off at 4:00AM.He evidently sobered up and was scared to death to come out.After a well conducted search the weapon was found and we knew why the Deputy could not remember the crack of the gunshot.This dummy had a Marksmen spring propelled BB gun.How it broke the wind shield I dont know unless its where it was so cold.I wore my winter issue gloves but holding my sidearm for hours made my hand get extremely cold and painfull.Its my fingers are bitter red now and Im typeing like I was in High School typeing class.However Im concerned about the redish pink color of my fingers and the web of my right hand.It feels more like a bad burn than anything.And closeing my fist is painfull.Just because some idiot was makeing noise his neighbors didnt like and shot a BB gun at an LEO.I hope he realizes how much deep crap he's in.Thanks for listening to me vent.My wife will get to hear it when she gets home.

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Just got done with the Ducks game.

Check my E-mail and have one from My Sons's wife. I have not heard or talked to him in many years. We just lost contact.

I'm a Grandpa X 3.

Kind of know how ECC feels now.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Whew, made it to Nashville (Arkansas) and back without too much hassle. Road construction and accidents on I-30 hindered my trip south. Different accidents and same construction slowed traffic coming back. Rolled into the driveway at 1:15 am, tired by happy.

Chapel couldn't get a break last night but scrapped the Scrappers on their home turf. According to the sports pundits that is almost unheard of, and now I know why. Every other down Chapel was called for holding on both sides of the ball, offensive and defensive.

Nashville got more first downs on penalties than plays. Despite it all, Chapel squeaked out a win, 30-28!! [8D]

#4 played awesomely, forced a fumble and recovered it in the first few minutes of the game. He was tackling left and right, breaking plays and blocking passes. He managed to go the entire game without a penalty.

Today I will keep an eye on him when he gets home. He took a helmet to helmet and says he doesn't remember much of the first half after the hit.

He left the house this morning before I got up. He is the JROTC battalion XO and they are doing the "Great Arkansas Clean-Up" today. He will probably sleep most of the day when he returns.

Me, I will be chasing the grandsons around the house. It is raining so no outside activities today.

Will apprehensively watch CBS at 2:30 CDT. That is when the Hawgs will more than likely get slaughtered. [:(]

First day of bow season today. Good luck to all the bow hunters out there.
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is this perhaps a sign they are reaching out?

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    GatoGordoGatoGordo Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hope this is a harbinger of good things for you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts
    Is this perhaps a sign they are reaching out?

Yes, Just got another E-mail right now the only way top contact him is via E-mail which is good cause my phone linhe is acting up way to much static(but works for the computer). Reason for E-mail only to him is He is a Firefighter and on duty.
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hope all the fences can be mended; good luck!!!!!!!!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    edited November -1
    Granddaughter is almost as old as ECC's son 15. Good look gal the Boys are 13 and 9.
  • Options
    BoltactionManBoltactionMan Member Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's hoping this works out for all of you

KC
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats on the good news!
  • Options
    bull300wsmbull300wsm Member Posts: 3,289
    edited November -1
    Congrats , I hope it all works out for you....hopefully a lot of catchin up to do..[:)]
  • Options
    barbwiredbarbwired Member Posts: 8,254
    edited November -1
    Congratulations hope everything works out for you and your son.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Still talking thats good.
  • Options
    cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats! We won't mind if you take time off here to catch up. Just check back in occasionally so we know things are good.