In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

BOBBY KNIGHT

4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2016 in General Discussion
Worked for the grads at West Point for forty one years.While there was fortunate to watch Bobby Knight in action as basketball coach.At one time I believe he was about to be canned for the way he treated Cadets(Black Knights)on the court.The Supt. and many of the grads had had enough.I think they thought it was a game not the battlefield.Slowly I think some of the things sunk in that George Patton and Eisenhower said about their beginning on the athletic field and what it taught them.Bobby Knight I guess is the Vince Lombardi of basketball.His theory is WINNING is not the only thing,it is everything.Today I believe his players from years ago have nothing but respect for him.Don't know what role Bobby will play in Trumps run for the White House but I do know I would not mess with Trump if Bobby was covering his back!

Comments

• Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just got his 900th win beating Tx A&M. Way to go Bobby!!!!!!
  • Options
    dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like Coach K better. I think he is the better coach of the two. Although they are intertwined. LOL
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think coach K and Knight are both horses *.
  • Options
    M1A762M1A762 Member Posts: 3,426
    edited November -1
    bobby knight is nowhere near the class of Vince Lombardi and never will be.
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,444 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Knight's graduation rate for players that finished 4 years is one of the best. There is more to being a college player that winning games. Knight taught that. Cruze is doomed, even w/o Knight in the Indiana picture. If Trump wins big in Indiana (and I think he will) he can very well make the magic number after CA. If the republicans don't then nominate him (as they can as their rules apply) look out folks. As PT said, we ain't seen nothing yet!
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gearheaddad
    I think coach K and Knight are both horses *.
    ....but they win![:o)]
  • Options
    cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bobby Knight is a decent human being.

I've never met Trump, but I wouldn't hold my breath hoping...