In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

reps response...

oldemagicsoldemagics Member Posts: 5,840 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
wrote our district representative urgeing swift passage of the castle doctrine bill appearing AGAIN in Pa, here is the response i got today... (red highlight by me, in black and white in case he flip-flops)

Thank you for contacting me to express your support of Senate Bill 842, also known as the "Castle Doctrine" bill. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me on this important issue.

This legislation was first introduced last session by Representative Steve Cappelli of Lycoming County as House Bill 2231. During the 2005-06 sessions, a parliamentary procedure to consider bipartisan solutions to crime was conducted and a version of Representative Steve Cappelli's legislation was endorsed by a vote of 151-42. The Committee of the Whole was not empowered to enact legislation. It was, rather, an advisory process to gauge the opinion of the House concerning legislative proposals. Unfortunately, the bill was never reported from Committee before the end of the session.

This session, Senator Richard Alloway introduced Senate Bill 842 on May 5, 2009. This legislation would amend Titles 18 and 42 allowing for the use of force in self-protection, the use of force for the protection of other persons, and provides for civil immunity. This legislation is currently in the hands of the Senate Judiciary Committee. When this legislation comes before us for a vote on the floor of the Senate, I will support it as you requested.

Once again, thank you for contacting me. As always, please do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of assistance with any state-related problem or concern.

Comments

• victorlvlbvictorlvlb Member Posts: 5,004
    edited November -1
    Oh yes the feel good letters from the government reps. In other words the letter means don't bother me until next election.
  • LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by victorlvlb
    Oh yes the feel good letters from the government reps. In other words the letter means don't bother me until next election.

In the next election when he comes around looking for a vote.

Remind him that he did not want to be bothered and that you will not bother voting for him.. They get all red around the gills when you tell them to their face that you will not vote for them and give the reason why rather loudly especially with a crowd of people standing around. [;)]

PS: For maxim effect. Have a copy of the bills in which they voted for or against in your hands at the time..
  • trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by oldemagics
    [

When this legislation comes before us for a vote on the floor of the Senate, I will support it as you requested.

Once again, thank you for contacting me. As always, please do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of assistance with any state-related problem or concern.

[?]
    Where was the "Kiss- Off "?
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,181 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The guy says plainly he will vote in support of the legislation. A much clearer answer than is normally given, even if they agree with you. He also plainly states to contact him anytime for concerns or problems. He firmly took a position, I say good job.
  • oldemagicsoldemagics Member Posts: 5,840 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SCOUT5
    The guy says plainly he will vote in support of the legislation. A much clearer answer than is normally given, even if they agree with you. He also plainly states to contact him anytime for concerns or problems. He firmly took a position, I say good job.

that was my take as well, most of the time it is a "i will be looking at both sides of the issue" type of b.s. from most of them
    will be watching to see the record of vote when the time comes and see if he follows through
    if not he WILL be getting a copy of his e-mail with the vote record attached!
  • cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by oldemagics
    quote:Originally posted by SCOUT5

that was my take as well, most of the time it is a "i will be looking at both sides of the issue" type of b.s. from most of them
    will be watching to see the record of vote when the time comes and see if he follows through
    if not he WILL be getting a copy of his e-mail with the vote record attached!

Good job; I hope he keeps his word!