In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Celebratory Shots

MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
I have 2 muzzle loader rifles from this seasons hunt that still have powder and bullet that I just might cap when it gets close and let them ring in the new year[8D][:I][8D]

Been family tradition as far back as I can remember(when you live in the woods, its still ok to fire guns)

My muzzle loader is always dwarfed by the booms of dynamite size explosions.

Anyone else fire guns, cannons, bombs or rockets?

Comments

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,612 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    use to do that , may have too do so again this year , just to keep the neighbors on there toes ( I believe they think were a bunch of yahoos any way , all the gun fire , loud cars and trucks , )
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    back in the day (about 20 years ago) I could fire a shotgun off of our back deck. Behind our house was open for the quarter mile to the river and very few houses on the other side. Now the other side is wall to wall houses and between us and the river is a resort. So I'd have to go elsewhere to fire off anything.
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    It's less "celebratory" than "returning fire"

http://bartlies.com/homicide-list/
  • Options
    DBMJR1DBMJR1 Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've a cannon made by my gunsmith out of some very hard steel. Four tablespoons of Triple Seven makes for a window rattling report.[:D]
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DBMJR1
    I've a cannon made by my gunsmith out of some very hard steel. Four tablespoons of Triple Seven makes for a window rattling report.[:D]

Is a cannon that is only a "report cannon", which won't fire bullets but only goes BANG considered a firearm?
  • Options
    cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ray B
    quote:Originally posted by DBMJR1

Is a cannon that is only a "report cannon", which won't fire bullets but only goes BANG considered a firearm?

A cannon that will fire projectiles, but loads from the muzzle isn't even considered a firearm. Remember?

[:)]