In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Cop drives drunk, with cruiser full of people

Comments

• Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by P228
    http://www.wsbt.com/news/local/45969952.html

Drunk driving, had 3 teenage girls in his car, and according to one person who left a comment, had been speeding around the neighborhood for a long time with the sirens and lights blaring. I bet very little happens to him.
  • pipe7pipe7 Member Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dumb *, he will be fired over this one and he should be
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Survivalist86
    quote:Originally posted by P228
    http://www.wsbt.com/news/local/45969952.html

Drunk driving, had 3 teenage girls in his car, and according to one person who left a comment, had been speeding around the neighborhood for a long time with the sirens and lights blaring. I bet very little happens to him.
    nah, he will get his * handed to him over this stunt
  • War Pig ActualWar Pig Actual Member Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    what a du-mass
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 17,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bet very little happens to him.In most states - including mine - DWI/DUI is one of only a couple of misdemeanor offenses that cause automatic loss of a state peace officer license.

No waivers, no review on a case by case basis, no probationary period. Just straight up revocation.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Txs
    I bet very little happens to him.In most states - including mine - DWI/DUI is one of only a couple of misdemeanor offenses that cause automatic loss of a state peace officer license.

No waivers, no review on a case by case basis, no probationary period. Just straight up revocation.

Desk duty until he gets his license back. Charity events to raise money for the "hero" to pay his bills. I know how it works. If it were my call?

1. DUI..manditory attendence of AA meetings
    2. Misuse of government property
    3. Vandalism of Government property
    4. Public Endangerment
    5. Possibley Kidnapping
    Loss of drivers license, restitution to the taxpayers, 6 months in county lockup.
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 17,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Desk duty until he gets his license back. Charity events to raise money for the "hero" to pay his bills.I didn't say suspended, I said revoked - as in permanently, gone, outtta here, bye.
    edited November -1

Won't happen. These guys protect their own. There are special laws that add penalties for crimes against cops, but crimes by cops are rarely even prosecuited, and if so, penalties are much less then the average guy on the street would get.

Desk duty until he gets his license back. Charity events to raise money for the "hero" to pay his bills.I didn't say suspended, I said revoked - as in permanently, gone, outtta here, bye.
  • eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,052 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    many of these types of officers are already know to their follow officers, and the clean up needs to start with in the police dept. and untill it does the police will have bear the brunt of public redicule and distain. eastbank.
  • cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm pretty sure they're going to get rid of this guy. He was one of the ones involved last year taking pics of some chick who was stripping in their front office.
    http://www.postchronicle.com/cgi-bin/artman/exec/view.cgi?archive=54&num=129338