In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

NO Coverage, go figure

scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Obama is giving the commencement address at Notre Dame today and he will also be given an honorary Law degree. There is a large protest going on all around the college including some students but mostly PRO-life/right to life groups. There are some National figures involved in the protests and many have been arrested to gain publicity.
If you Watched only FOX news, one might believe this was the biggest story on earth today, If you watch any other news channel, you wouldn't know there was any protest let alone discover the president was giving the address or receiving his degree.
I have written about the media BIAS before but I would think even the more liberal stations would cover such an event, I hope the dems don't get their fairness doctrine, without fox we would never hear the other side of the news. In a world without them, I would think everything was perfect, that my stock vale=ues had already returned and that everuone who wanted one had a job.
Thats how the communist governments keep their people happy or believing they are happy

Comments

• Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    We were watching some of the protests yesterday. They were arresting the protestors, many of them priests.

It's the same deal as with the tea parties. They were all over Fox, yet given hardly a notice or dismissed by the rest of mainstream media.
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    the event is starting now and based on the standing ovation the president got, I would say the students are "stoked" as usual it is just a few who are upset and FOX is doing everything they can to make more of the issue than actually exists.
    Im sorry, but I would fall on the side of the students who are happy to have him there. I am not an OBAMA fan on any level, but it would be cool to graduate with the President no matter who he happens to be or believe in.
    On this particular issue, I even tend to believe as he does that abortion is the legal choice of any woman. Who am I to enforce my moral values on them.
    I wish he was as open minded about other issues of choice
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    this is whats its like in europe too, the only defference is in europe there is no fox.
  • cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by scottm21166
    the event is starting now and based on the standing ovation the president got, I would say the students are "stoked" as usual it is just a few who are upset and FOX is doing everything they can to make more of the issue than actually exists.
    Im sorry, but I would fall on the side of the students who are happy to have him there. I am not an OBAMA fan on any level, but it would be cool to graduate with the President no matter who he happens to be or believe in.
    On this particular issue, I even tend to believe as he does that abortion is the legal choice of any woman. Who am I to enforce my moral values on them.
    I wish he was as open minded about other issues of choice

They have been protesting here for months. Ever since he accepted the invitation to come here. There are trucks driving around with huge signs against abortion and against obama. There is even a plane that has been flying around pulling a banner with a picture of an aborted baby. So, yes, it is a huge issue, not just "a few" who are upset.
    Anyway, why would this issue be any different than the millions of other issues that we force our own moral values on the rest of society? My morals tell me that if I want something, I can take it. your morals say that taking something that belongs to you is theft, and I should go to jail. Double standard?