In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Women and shooting plus ccw

TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
Someone posted the other day about his wife not wanting to shoot much or get a CCW and maybe this will help. I mentioned back then it might be better to get help as sometimes teaching your wife doesn't work

http://www.downrange.tv/blog/the-best-defense-online-handgun-selection-for-women/13411/[:D][:p][^]

Comments

• Options
    River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    There's nothing sorrier than a husband trying to "teach" his wife something. Especially a "manly" topic. I've seen it on ski slopes, and I've seen it at the gun range.
  • Options
    HWT FIREARMSHWT FIREARMS Member Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wife just took her ccw class and now we are waiting for the bci to complete it. Last Saturday she went and took a basic handgun lesson ( heaven knows if I try and teach her something, I'm "yelling") and shot a bunch of rental guns to see what caliber and make/model is going to work best for her.

Looks like I'm going to need to find a H&K p30 9mm
  • Options
    toolmaniamtoolmaniam Member Posts: 3,213
    edited November -1
    LOL My wife shoots with me sometimes. When I try to correct her grip or stance or any critiquing...Game over. I get the "I was in the Air Force and I know how to shoot" speech[B)] I don't have the heart to tell her thats not very good pedigree for marksmanship.[:D][:D]
  • Options
    midnightrunpaintballermidnightrunpaintballer Member Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by doubledutch
    My wife just took her ccw class and now we are waiting for the bci to complete it. Last Saturday she went and took a basic handgun lesson ( heaven knows if I try and teach her something, I'm "yelling") and shot a bunch of rental guns to see what caliber and make/model is going to work best for her.

Looks like I'm going to need to find a H&K p30 9mm

You better just go ahead and buy two of them. If you ever shoot hers, I promise, you won't wanna give it back!