In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gas Prices

2»

Comments

• Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fluctuation. Don
  • Options
    LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trying to make it too expensive for Molotov cocktails.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,317 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12
    Fluctuation. Don
    +1
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    GashaulerGashauler Member Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just got a raise!![;)][}:)]

I had an old man complaining about the gas prices, actually he was just shy of yelling at me how it was my fault and what am I going to do about it. After a few minutes of listening to this and trying to get it through his head I had nothing to do with the cost I lost it. Looked him right in the eye and told him actually it was my fault, I just got a raise. I thought he was going to have a stroke. His face turned fire engine red and he started stuttering. Called me a few choice names and turned around and left.
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    still havent seen that 5 dollar national average per gallon this summer like the sky is falling crowd was SURE was going to happen...
  • Options
    nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KEVD18
    still havent seen that 5 dollar national average per gallon this summer like the sky is falling crowd was SURE was going to happen...
    Obama is making it stay low [:D] He can do stuff like that
  • Options
    DieHard4DieHard4 Member Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Around here it was almost $4 for a while, then it suddenly dropped to almost $3 over 2 weeks or so. Then it jumps back up to about $3.50 in about 4 days.
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,987 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fluctuation. Don
    [:D][:D]
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well it shows the obama economy sucks and with no jobs nobody has the money to buy. If obama had his way it would be 5 bucks but no one can afford it now.DUH obama is not our friend no matter how you try to spin it.
  • Options
    dlrjjdlrjj Member Posts: 5,528 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TooBig
    Well it shows the obama economy sucks and with no jobs nobody has the money to buy. If obama had his way it would be 5 bucks but no one can afford it now.DUH obama is not our friend no matter how you try to spin it.
    I never thought he was, but I'm constantly amused by the contrast of one group of "those who know" who claim Obama is going to temporarily lower fuel prices in order to get reelected and another group of "those who know" claiming he is going to raise fuel prices because he wishes to bankrupt the country for his Elite handlers.

Perhaps he can do both at the same time.
    Tax evasion is illegal, tax avoidance is an art form.
  • Options
    dlrjjdlrjj Member Posts: 5,528 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    quote:Originally posted by dlrjj
    quote:Originally posted by TooBig
    I never thought he was, but I'm constantly amused by the contrast of one group of "those who know" who claim Obama is going to temporarily lower fuel prices in order to get reelected and another group of "those who know" claiming he is going to raise fuel prices because he wishes to bankrupt the country for his Elite handlers.

Perhaps he can do both at the same time.

Doing both at the same time, at least saying so, has been his style as POTUS, hasn't it [?] [;)]
    Well, there is that.
    Tax evasion is illegal, tax avoidance is an art form.
  • Options
    calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    Fluctuation. Don

Fluc u mericans too! [:D]
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well this morning it went up to $3.80 right back where we were 6 months ago.
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,596 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I filled up 13 days ago for 3.29...Gas today was 3.69 [:(][}:)][:(!][V][xx(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I hate to drag this on but today gas hit the $4 a gallon mark in town today. I was at one station this morning and it was $3.69 went by on the way home it was at $3.99. This is really starting to suck again.
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,596 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And today it was 3.99[:(]
  • Options
    john wjohn w Member Posts: 4,104
    edited November -1
    $ 3.89 here in cleveland ohio tonight !
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If $4/gal gas helps put Obama out of office between now and the election I am happy to pay it!
  • Options
    RickstirRickstir Member Posts: 574
    edited November -1
    $3.49 in my home town, next town over (13 miles) it was $3.35. Go figure.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by William81
    And today it was 3.99[:(]

I heard it was because of 3 refineries near Chicago that were shut down along with the broken pipeline in Central Wisconsin. I didn't even know that Chicago has 3 refineries.
  • Options
    leadlead Member Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We had dropped as low as $3.05 around the 4th of July. I went by a station this morning that had jumped to $3.44. Most are still $3.39, but they'll probably all be up there by quitting time.
    I've noticed there is no competition between stations anymore. When one goes up, they all go up, seemingly at the same time too. Do they all get their gas from the same refinery now, are station names just window decorations? I miss the old time gas wars.
  • Options
    nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This morning $3.29, Diesel $3.49
  • Options
    RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    $3.95 here. I expect it to go on up. I saw it hit $4.18 last fall.
  • Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    last night it was 3.599 at sheetz and right next door it was 3.399 at a pilot truck stop. one had no cars and the other had a waiting line to fill up. eastbank.
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    .30 jump to 3.99..i think a refinery is off line
  • Options
    midnightrunpaintballermidnightrunpaintballer Member Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    $4.09 Akron Ohio today. $15 and change filled my tank from empty. (premium gas/motorcycle) As scary as it is to ride with all the texting drivers out there, I don't have a choice anymore. I can't afford to fill the tank every week in my ford ranger. My hat is off to you full size truck drivers. I don't know how you do it.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    well when cars are built to get better mpg and many reduce their driving to save money the price HAS TO GO UP...or the profit taken in is reduced..if tomorrow everyone could buy a safe, dependable vehicle that got 50 mpg for $10k the price of gas would be $10 a gallon
  • Options
    aramisviaramisvi Member Posts: 4,589
    edited November -1
    Gas here in my part of WV went up 10 cents yesterday, and another 12 cents today.

Unleaded: $3.69
    Plus: $3.79
    Premium: $3.89
    Diesel: $3.85

nearly a quarter jump in a 24h period.
  • Options
    john wjohn w Member Posts: 4,104
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by midnightrunpaintballer
    $4.09 Akron Ohio today. $15 and change filled my tank from empty. (premium gas/motorcycle) As scary as it is to ride with all the texting drivers out there, I don't have a choice anymore. I can't afford to fill the tank every week in my ford ranger. My hat is off to you full size truck drivers. I don't know how you do it.

They do it by adding the price for gas into the delivery price and we the consumer take it in the butt for it AS USUALL. Years ago they did not do this and the truck blockage protests were there way to vent then.
  • Options
    hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    damn close to 380 up here. Maybe a little less if i dive to the city but it sure the hell isn't the under 3 dollar then said it would get down to.
  • Options
    midnightrunpaintballermidnightrunpaintballer Member Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by john w
    quote:Originally posted by midnightrunpaintballer

They do it by adding the price for gas into the delivery price and we the consumer take it in the butt for it AS USUALL. Years ago they did not do this and the truck blockage protests were there way to vent then.

I wasnt talking about semis, i meant full sized pickups with v8s or diesels just to go back and forth to work hauling nothing more than a lunchbox.