In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Pitbull

2»

Comments

• Options
    CutiegirlracingCutiegirlracing Member Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a pitbull years ago. It was a great dog very loving. He was the strongest dog I've ever had for his size, but he was scared of everything.
    He wasn't as protective as I would have like. I wouldn't think anything about having another pit, but I like chows more. My chows have always been very loving and are not afraid to take and stand and protect me or my son.
  • Options
    Sith LordSith Lord Member Posts: 480
    edited November -1
    I second that kyplumber

[img][/img]MeatAndPotatoes.jpg
  • Options
    mondmond Member Posts: 6,458
    edited November -1
    if there sport there....wait for me..[8D]
  • Options
    511pe511pe Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A wolf is a wolf no matter how it thinks instinct is strong. If you hang around a barber shop eventualy you'll get a hair cut. Some situations it's not a good idea in the very beginning. X-cons are people to religious and sweet at first when freed but when one car jacks a mother cuz her keys are in the ignition at a gas station. forceing her to try and save her infant only to have the van speed away with the kid tangled by the set belt bouncing, grinding, and falling appart on the roadway. Nothing but a bloody torso when stopped by police, body parts some distance away all over the street, you must ask your self just why let that x-con out. Some things have strong instincts. He's reformed, give'em a chance, instutionalizing people doesn't brake instincts. Some animals no matter how hard you try isn't going to brake them. Sex offenders are people too, well I wouldn't want one next door no more than a pit. People are subject to their environment (fact). Having a bad dog next door is a bad thing. You must change your environment or put up with it. Behavior is the response to something. Influence. Take control. Or be influenced. And the above did happen, responding officer went crazy over it. I'd talk first. Make your intentions clear to the owner with out threating them. Then appropriately act. Getting arrested, for discharging a firearm in the city limits is not a good idea. No more than I'd want a pit nextdoor I wouldn't want a person who settles things with a gun soberly just think what he'll do drunk. Think of neighbors, of future employers, you can't hide a public record (fact). And some jails charge $20 to be processed (fact). It might take a while to get your gun back to. What do you really think is going to happen when the owners find out? People love animals no matter what they are. And you'll be the bad guy. You might make the news.
  • Options
    Winston BodeWinston Bode Member Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One of the pitbulls that I had to shoot was attacking a collie/lassie type dog. The pitbull had torn loose from it mooring and had somehow got into the neighbors yard in spite of a four feet chain link fence. I kicked the pitbull off of the collie twice but the third time it started toward me I shot it in the head with a .410. Say what you will, the collie was not in the fight and would have gladly subdued and stayed out of it but the pit would not let up. Made me sick to see that.

I had been dispatched to a dog fight involving a pitbull so I grabbed the department kept .410 just in case. Normally, if I get a vicious dog call I will get out of my car with a shotgun. Twice it kept me from getting bit. I had one dog, not a pitbull, actually biting the barrel of the shotgun before I could get around and get a clear safe shot.

Don't like pitbulls and never will.

Bode
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It appears you may be an animal control officer of sorts. The laws are easer on you due to the nature of your work. I'd call you to handle it because you are a professional it's expected of you to eliminate the threat. It's also an animal rights issue. Some state opinions vary. Some jurisdicions may see it as a citizen gone vigilantie acting as a feelance police officer if a citizen acts on his own . Law sides with law. Will they grant you athority to end this animals life? In the city limits? Law officers tend to be law officers not customerservice reps. remember that. You're innocent untill proven guilty only in a court of law (fact). Let the officers kill it. You wouldn't have to fire one shot and it may give you legal recourse against your neighbors for possessing a dangerous animal in the city limits. Now if the dog is the danger, you have to prove it. Otherwise you may get jailed, fined, and have to buy those people a new dog and it'll most likely won't me a mutt if you act outside of the law. Some states hold owners of "Dangerous Animals" legaly responsible for owning a life threating animal. They maybe the ones going to jail or get fined. How much do you like them. Remember "opportunity...opportunity...opportunity."
  • Options
    IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know them never even talked to them. It is a rented house with about 4 punks living there. The fast and the furious types.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I really don't understand the fast on furrious types. A Honda is a Honda. Acura is an Acura. Mitsubishi is a Mitsubishi. A Chevy is a Corvette? Well if they're young adults and...Hey, does the land lord know about the dog? How many people are on the lease? How big is the house?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How many cars are there? 4 or more? How do they park? Is this a deed restricted area? If drugs are involved the house wouldn't get taken. However the cars can if there are drug related items inside. Most likely they'll move on or get evicted. If there's 4 young adults living there you know the rent is split up. You know you might get lucky and the dog'll get run over by a speeding car, knowing the speed addiction there. If you can't talk to them then send them an email or a certified letter in the mail you don't even have to go over there. And it'll further document things. Don't threaten or harass them just advise them of the situation and when you call animal control use your cell phone to have a documented time you called them no matter how many times you call. Keep record of all corrispondance. If this is a "Dangerous Animal" it most likely will be euthanized. You're not going to be a hero to the public if you pop a cap into it. People love animals it's too bad this one is taking away your liberty and terrorising you. When the animal is gone the owners may make it hard on you to live there. Just find out who they really are, they may be runaways, or illegals, or have warrants. Know your opponent. Don't let him know you. You're lucky their're not buying the place.
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm kind of on the other side of this fence. I have german shorthairs. One day the male got loose. When he returned, the neighbors pesky little chihuahua's were on my property...not too far from his puppies....and supposedly he bit and killed one of them.

Their dogs had been coming over and over and we tried to tell the owners not to let them loose. they just kept letting them out. Over to our house they come and mark the bottom of the stairs where we walk down to take them to pee. We had a little marking war at our house. They peed on the stair posts ours peed 4 ft. out around it. All the grass is dead and the dirt even smells like piss...after a lot of watering still.

Anyhow, here is how it stands. I lost the first round of civil court because I never proved my dog didn't commit the attack(not safe in MN to defend yourself if your a dog). That is being appealed. Their 13 yr. old got caught in a lie. And Supposedly, under MN statutes, any dog that does damage to property...on or off his own property...is liable. I went and smashed up somebody's piece of crap after I told them to get it off my property I wouldn't be liable...if my dog peed on it, I'd be liable...go figure.
    Next is the city trying to get me on the dangerous dog ordinance. We stayed them with a court case file from a couple years ago. MN appeals court reversed a city decision that a dog was dangerous(again for killing another dog). The city has no jurisdiction because they didn't properly adopt the state law saying they could do that. Meaning, you have to get due process...the city can't just declare your dog dangerous.
    I plan to fight this to the bitter end. Mostly because the * of a dogcatcher has tried to run roughshod over me and I don't like that when someone does that. If I'm wrong so be it....but don't try not giving me my day in court.
  • Options
    XLpitmanXLpitman Member Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here we go again.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    There're other ways to kill an animal or to prove that the animal is a "Dangerous Animal". I'm not a social path but I fear if I keep reading about ways to get attention fast on how to kill the thing when there's other ways I'm afraid to mention cuz I don't want to contribute to an animals death. Keep pushing the envolope...no.. I really can't cuz this is the internet and this is a posting for many to read. And I'd freak you out. I don't want to get charged with some kind of crime for enlightening readers on social pathic deviances. It'll be like those annoying writers to say something freaky and the topic'll get locked and deleted seconds later. Depriving you of your topic.