In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Jesse James of West Coast Choppers Fame

armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
edited April 2014 in General Discussion
is now in the firearms business. He appeared at the N.H.R.A. Spring Nationals toting his new business. His logo Jesse James Firearms Unlimited adorned the top fuel dragster driven by J.R. Todd and owned by Connie Kalitta. The car had a giant sized AR-15 painted on the side of the car. He stated that the company built guns devoted towards both military and civilian use. The car lost in the first round.

Comments

• Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That guy is a complete nut case...[xx(]
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,058 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    He is definately out there.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,437 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    Yep, and I think his choppers are butt ugly too.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ...and he gave up "Sandra" for that nasty Kat Von Dee! LOL![xx(]
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As far as I know the guy is a law abiding citizen and an accomplished entreprenuer. I hope he does as well as anyone entering the business.
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    Yeah, he did put together some ugly two-wheelers.
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    Can't abide a man that so disrespects his marriage he gets caught not with one but with multiple ss<EXPLETIVE DELETED>y, s<EXPLETIVE DELETED>s and w<EXPLETIVE DELETED>s.
  • Options
    m88.358winm88.358win Member Posts: 7,272 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ChrisInTempe
    Can't abide a man that so disrespects his marriage he gets caught not with one but with multiple ss<EXPLETIVE DELETED>y, s<EXPLETIVE DELETED>s and w<EXPLETIVE DELETED>s.

+1
  • Options
    trc313trc313 Member Posts: 3,475
    edited November -1
    I dont think Kat Von D was the one he got caught with. She was a nasty blonde looking postitute. On that I'd take Kat over Sandra any day just as I'd take Angelina over Jennifer.As Confederate Railroad said, " I like my women a little on the trashy side".
  • Options
    footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Did Sandra and the Vanilla Gorilla ever make a ''MOVIE'' [?][?] [:p]
  • Options
    LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by armilite
    Jesse James Firearms Unlimited adorned the top fuel dragster driven by J.R. Todd.... The car lost in the first round.

What did you expect?
    Hang with a loser. You become a loser.
  • Options
    MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    I think is is funny how some comment about things they know nothing about. None of you know him or anything about him. Same with Sandra. Looks don't mean crap in a marriage. Sandra could be the biggest * in history. None of us know.

As for JJ bikes, well, he has made millions from them. He has probably made more money than all of us put together so somebody likes them. As with all builders, I like some of his bikes and don't like others.

Someone posted a few months back about him getting into the firearms business. One would think that any so called 2nd Amendment supporter would be all for someone starting up a new firearms manufacturer. I can only hope he does great. Wish more people would start manufacturing firearms. If I had the knowledge and money I would open a company manufacturing single shot rifles and handguns. I love Contenders, Encores, Ruger# 1s and Sharps.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MMOMEQ-55
    I think is is funny how some comment about things they know nothing about. None of you know him or anything about him. Same with Sandra. Looks don't mean crap in a marriage. Sandra could be the biggest * in history. None of us know.

As for JJ bikes, well, he has made millions from them. He has probably made more money than all of us put together so somebody likes them. As with all builders, I like some of his bikes and don't like others.

Someone posted a few months back about him getting into the firearms business. One would think that any so called 2nd Amendment supporter would be all for someone starting up a new firearms manufacturer. I can only hope he does great. Wish more people would start manufacturing firearms. If I had the knowledge and money I would open a company manufacturing single shot rifles and handguns. I love Contenders, Encores, Ruger# 1s and Sharps.

Exactly
  • Options
    LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is his 18 year old Chandler still in rehab for her Meth addiction?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:As for JJ bikes, well, he has made millions from them. He has probably made more money than all of us put together so somebody likes them. As with all builders, I like some of his bikes and don't like others.Yeah, lots of weekend biker wannabes love those silly-looking lipstick rat bikes.
  • Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He's made millions building bikes, and now has his own firearms business. In a way, I'm jealous of his success.

In another way, I can't help but laugh at the guys here that would have a hard time putting a pedal bike together without instructions, or still haven't figured out that it doesn't require an act of God to reassemble a Ruger Standard .22 pistol.

But, by all means, throw the first stone.[;)]
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocklobster
    quote:As for JJ bikes, well, he has made millions from them. He has probably made more money than all of us put together so somebody likes them. As with all builders, I like some of his bikes and don't like others.Yeah, lots of weekend biker wannabes love those silly-looking lipstick rat bikes.

LMAO So you know everyone he sells to personally?
  • Options
    Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    I do know JJ and I have personally seen many of the projects that have come out of his shop and spoken to several of the guys that he has done work for. The truth of the matter is that JJ is a complete and total Azzhat, I can not agree with many of the decisions he has made in his business or personal life, BUT he is wildly successful in business and has done some very beautiful work along with being an true artist. Actually I think that explains it, all true artist are just a little bit nuts.

As far as his new venture building AR's, well, congrats, hope that works out well for him, maybe it'll lead to a new TV program to compete with the red jacket guys, not my thing in any way, but many people will love it
  • Options
    NEIAPredatorNEIAPredator Member Posts: 1,443
    edited November -1

+1 I agree, lots of gun rights supporters are their own worst enemies. Many of them just run down their own kind.
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I "think" he gained much of his fame and prosperity through a claim that he was a direct descendant of the famous Jesse James. However, that claim is not accepted by the family members or historians.
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ChrisInTempe

+2
  • Options
    wanted manwanted man Member Posts: 3,276
    edited November -1
    My understanding is that JJ doesn't "build" firearms, he dresses up existing guns...
    As for his personal life, that's between him, God and the people he interracts with directly......
    He HAS been wildly successful in the custom bike arena, I don't think there's ANY disputing that....
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

He associates with Banditos, that tells me all I need to know in regards to his character. He's a fantastic artist IMO, I like his work, a role model??? not so much.
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I figure he's a direct competition for Red Jacket for dressing up the guns on Discovery Channel. I personally liked that show Monster Garage.
  • Options
    MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    He is a nutbag.

Seems to be idolized by the other nutbags out there.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by yoshmyster
    I figure he's a direct competition for Red Jacket for dressing up the guns on Discovery Channel. I personally liked that show Monster Garage.
    Some of that stuff was fun to see build...[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocklobster

LMAO So you know everyone he sells to personally?
    I've met a dozen of the clowns who buy that sort of junk. If it happens to be sunny on Saturday they get out their ridiculous-looking over-priced ergonomic nightmare of an ill-handling, back breaking chartreuse green toy and ride it up to the WalMart parking lot two miles up the road, then turn around and come home before dark and stick it back into the garage. Speaking of L'ing MAO.
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He was @ bike week a few years ago charging $10 a pop for autographs...

What a loser!
  • Options
    reload999reload999 Member Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd honestly never heard of him...had to look him up...feel like I wasted my time, but whatever...to each his own.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by trc313
    I dont think Kat Von D was the one he got caught with. She was a nasty blonde looking postitute. On that I'd take Kat over Sandra any day just as I'd take Angelina over Jennifer.As Confederate Railroad said, " I like my women a little on the trashy side".

really ?

580_580_jennifer-aniston-horrible-bosses-65580x435.jpg

0.jpg

ht_jennifer_aniston_were_the_millers_ll_130523_wmain.jpg?w=1228&h=690

THIS

michelle_mcgee_0005.jpg

OVER THIS ?

Sandra-Bullock-Hot-Wallpaper-11023_0.jpg

sandra-bullock-instyle-march-2009-2.jpg

Sandra%20Bullock-CNO-005754.jpg

whatever
  • Options
    D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
    edited November -1
    This is his first custom job.

From this to
    tumblr_inline_n0feov3lKj1sy7y4j.jpg

This
    tumblr_inline_n0e1f3XlwJ1sy7y4j.jpg

tumblr_inline_n0e1epsu031sy7y4j.jpg

Poor Kimber.[:(]

Edit At least he named it right "Heartbreaker".
  • Options
    milesmiles Member Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Won't comment on his personal life because I doubt few here haven't made an error or two in that department.

I will say that he seems to have enjoyed life to the fullest after he became a public figure and has done things many here (myself included) can only dream about.

Now as far as money is concerned, Jesse is now married to Alexis DeJoria. Her father is worth BILLIONS and is seventy years old.

http://www.gobankingrates.com/banking/jesse-james-marries-alexis-dejoria-bank-account/
  • Options
    Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by D@D
    This is his first custom job.

From this to
    tumblr_inline_n0feov3lKj1sy7y4j.jpg

This
    tumblr_inline_n0e1f3XlwJ1sy7y4j.jpg

tumblr_inline_n0e1epsu031sy7y4j.jpg

Poor Kimber.[:(]

Edit At least he named it right "Heartbreaker".

I spent several years in the Fine Gun business and I have had the pleasure of taking a magnifying glass to some of the best engraving in the world, great engraving from names like Angelo Bee and J.R. French get much better the closer that you get. But the engraving on that poor Kimber, wow, I have seen 12 year old apprentice engravers at AYA that could do cleaner and more accurate work
  • Options
    JasonVJasonV Member Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like his fabrication and his bikes.

Some months ago when we last discussed his new firearms business I went to his website then he was only selling parts to dress up guns.
    formerly known as warpig883