In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Please help a friend's animal shelter

helicopter_pilothelicopter_pilot Member Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
You all like animals, right? Well, here's the deal: I have a friend who is suffering from Alzheimer's Disease. It'll kill him eventually.

One thing he really loves is animals. The Animal Rescue Site has a challenge going on. The top vote-getting shelter will win a $20,000 prize, and there are other cash prizes as well. It would really mean a lot to my friend if his shelter won the grand prize, or one of the other ones.

Here's what you do:

Go to this site: http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Just click on the button and you'll be donating 0.6 bowls of food to a shelter every day. Vote every day!

Above that there's a link to the Shelter Challenge. Click on that. Enter Paulding, or Paulding Humane Society in the search box, and choose GA from the drop-down menu and click search. You'll see Paulding Humane Society listed in Dallas, Georgia. Click the Vote button. You'll be taken to a page with a picture of an animal. Type in the name of the animal to verify your vote. (This is so people can't use 'bots to stuff the ballot box.)

That's it. By clicking the donation button you're donating food and it doesn't cost you a cent; just a mouse click. By voting for Paulding in Dallas, GA you're helping my friend help his local shelter. It's ranked #12 in Georgia right now. It sure would be nice to bring it to number one!

My friend says it doesn't matter if you vote for his local shelter, as he cares about animals wherever they are. But he says it would 'make his LIFE' if his shelter won.

Be sure to vote every day!

By the way, HBO is starting a multi-part series on Alzheimer's Disease tonight at 2100 Eastern. Alzheimer's is the Number 2 most feared disease in this country, after cancer. I've got my DVR set.

Thank you.

Comments