In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Levi's prove they are anti gun:

TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
edited December 2016 in General Discussion
CEO of Levi Strauss has put out a memo asking guns owners not to bring their guns into any of their businesses, even if the business is in a gun friendly carry state.[}:)]

Never liked their Hippy attire anyway.[xx(]

I wear Boot or Cowboy cut Wranglers.

Trinity +++

Comments

• Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    with my surefire and benchmade in my pocket, they ride to high and contact the muzzle of my gun inside my iwb holster

no loss here
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If this is true, screw them. I think they are Chinese made now anyway. Having said that:

The Pepsi thing was a internet rumor, supposedly not the truth. I can't say but CEO's rarely do things that cost them customers and the products Pepsi sells are not things those upper crust liberals are going to be eating. I mean Fritos and Doritos?? If that market isn't red neck, I don't know what is!![:D][:D]
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dreher
    If this is true, screw them. I think they are Chinese made now anyway. Having said that:

The Pepsi thing was a internet rumor, supposedly not the truth. I can't say but CEO's rarely do things that cost them customers {tell that to the ceo of coca cola about new coke} and the products Pepsi sells are not things those upper crust liberals are going to be eating. I mean Fritos and Doritos?? If that market isn't red neck, I don't know what is!![:D][:D]

you obviously havent spent much time in the hood, grape drank and fritos are a staple, thats not stereo typing or racist, its a fact

ScreenHunter_01%2BOct.%2B01%2B10.01.jpg

Rainbow1.jpg

dont look redneck to me, drive through any highly black populated area and just look at who the billboards are marketing
  • Options
    medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This one is true. The CEO posted on open letter on Linkedin to customers.

He stopped short of banning them in the stores, but that is good enough for me. He has the right as a retailer to ask me not to bring my firearm into his establishment(s). I as a gun owner have every right to not step foot into his establishment(s) or purchase any of his clothing items.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/open-letter-customers-our-weapons-policy-chip-bergh?trk=prof-post
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,188 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Levi's can kiss my Dickies.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    They just have there headquarters here in Eugene Boarded up. Have not wore them in year. Wrangler only now.
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Well that sucks!
    Gotta find another brand of button fly jeans, or just wear BDUs; I HATE zippers!
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Levis has a stadium,, security rule.

No person, including off-duty peace officers, shall bring into or possess within Levi'sr Stadium any firearm or dangerous weapon, including, but not limited to, knives, impact weapons, chemical agents, or electronic control devices (e.g., Tasers, stun guns).

http://www.levisstadium.com/security-policies/
  • Options
    MillironMilliron Member Posts: 271 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Grew up wearing Levi. 20 some years ago they were supporting a anti gun group in L.A. Thats when Wrangler 20X became my choice. Dont expect they miss me, but I sure don't miss them.
  • Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wear either Key or Carhartt, so pardon me if I say "kindly sodomize yourself with the nearest rusty cactus, Levi".[}:)]
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dreher

The Pepsi thing was a internet rumor, supposedly not the truth. I can't say but CEO's rarely do things that cost them customers and the products Pepsi sells are not things those upper crust liberals are going to be eating. I mean Fritos and Doritos?? If that market isn't red neck, I don't know what is!![:D][:D]

Not a rumor, a fact although CEO didn't say exactly some exact words attributed to her, the meaning / intent was more than clear.
    So, if you are a Trump supporter she might as well have said:

PepsiCo CEO Tells Trump Supporters to Take Their Business Elsewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV7hjKm_meA&t=223s
  • Options
    BikerBobBikerBob Member Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I only wear Harley-Davidson or Carhart jeans. Carharts have deeper rear pockets that an LCP fits better in.

Others can't kiss my * because they don't get that close!
  • Options
    danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    switched to Wrangler because of Levi's stance on numerous issues years ago maybe 30 or more also like All American clothing jeans too
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Levi has been anti gun for a long time. I used to wear Wrangler partly because of that, but the Wrangler pockets are a little small for even a J frame so I switched to L. L. Bean. They cost a little more, but not as much as I thought and they last a lot longer. I still wear the Wrangler jacket because I can't find one from L. L. Bean.

If L. L. Bean is a bunch of tree hugging posy sniffing gun hating liberals, please don't tell me. I've run out of clothing manufacturers. Anvil Brand went out of business fifty years ago.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know what you mean James

loved it when I was a kid when my mom could afford to buy me Levis

great jackets and jeans just idiots and or ignorant people running the show
  • Options
    SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is a good company. American made and started with hunting in mind.

https://lcking.com/collections/american-original-jeans

Prices are what you would expect for American made.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BikerBob
    I only wear Harley-Davidson or Carhart jeans. Carharts have deeper rear pockets that an LCP fits better in.

Others can't kiss my * because they don't get that close!

Have to look at the Carhart. Noticed my P-3ta is not well concealed in my Wranglers.
  • Options
    Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK :

Well I guess I will also dump Levi jeans !!!!!!

Sad thing : I found some in storage a while back that I had owned / wore for years : still in very good cond. ....Always liked the way they fit & wore .......

Guess Im down to 'cargo pants ' & BDUs ???????????

Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • Options
    riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JamesRK
    Levi has been anti gun for a long time. I used to wear Wrangler partly because of that, but the Wrangler pockets are a little small for even a J frame so I switched to L. L. Bean. They cost a little more, but not as much as I thought and they last a lot longer. I still wear the Wrangler jacket because I can't find one from L. L. Bean.

If L. L. Bean is a bunch of tree hugging posy sniffing gun hating liberals, please don't tell me. I've run out of clothing manufacturers. Anvil Brand went out of business fifty years ago.

you tried these??
    https://www.wrangler.com/shop/wrangler-riggs-workwear-five-pocket-jean