In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

#$&%@ Cops

dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Let my wife out of a ticket AGAIN. She pi$$es and whines about MY driving but gets stopped more often than I do and always worms her way out.

Comments

• ForceReconForceRecon Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dakotashooter2
    Let my wife out of a ticket AGAIN. She pi$$es and whines about MY driving but gets stopped more often than I do and always worms her way out.

Hmm. You must ask her what her secret is, and do the same. [:D]
  • screwobamascrewobama Member Posts: 625
    edited November -1
    Does she have big tatas?
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    What's to say, she's a woman. She'll do fine til she finds a woman cop.[:D]
  • crash2usafcrash2usaf Member Posts: 4,094
    edited November -1
    Hey her "charm" may work on a female cop too....

A guy can dream at least...
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by quickmajik
    DUhhh..

There, I fixed it for ya'.
    edited November -1
  • tpacuriositytpacuriosity Member Posts: 707 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    uhh huh.......... can't beleive you'd leave that door oh so wide open!

There are certainly quite a few nice folks on this site.......good thing for you ;-)
  • hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RebelRooster
    What's to say, she's a woman. She'll do fine til she finds a woman cop.[:D]

man you just put my mind way into the gutter on this one.
  • eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,052 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i knew a man who would let his wife buy things where she could haggle on the price as he thought she always got better prices than he could. eastbank.
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 26,028 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by eastbank
    i knew a man who would let his wife buy things where she could haggle on the price as he thought she always got better prices than he could. eastbank.

You've not met my wife. She's a champion haggler. Car salesmen hate the ground she walks on. [8D]
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,063 ******
    edited November -1
    I once had an old truck that had some problems. Not dangerous problems, but some of the original emissions equipment had been removed, so it wouldn't pass state inspection, at least not at a legitimate inspection station.

It passed for several years, and then one year, the rules changed, and now my truck was illegal. Dang. Wife (second-ex) had a solution. She put on some super-short cut-off jean shorts and a skimpy halter top, and went to a Western Auto in a neighboring town known for its redneck ways, and got my truck inspected.

I let her get it inspected every year after that, until we got divorced. Never had to worry about it after that, since I traded the truck right after the divorce.
    edited November -1
    nunn, i,m glad you got your truck inspected as i know some laws seem dumb, but what i want to know is if you would have given a ticket to a car or truck you would have stopped because of defective eqipment? as you admitted to driving around in a truck that would not pass a legal inspection. i,m not busting your balls,but it seems like a case of, do as i tell you and not what i do. eastbank.
  • slingerslinger Member Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We've been smogging in most of the U.S. since the sixties. Many other parts of the world don't bother. We have this monster of global warming anyway, supposedly. How many hundreds of billions of bux have we spent? I guess it made alot of jobs. The worst thing that's happened is the Chinese got off their bicycles and into unsmogged cars. Yeah, maybe they'll start. Sometime. 'Member the pictures of the background during the Olympics? But we're sure payin' through the rumphole. I know about the percentages of how dirty we are. We're still small compared to the rest. I go fishing to the west coast of Costa Rica every year the last eight. On the COAST it smells like a two stroke bike shop. Pretty scenery, though.
  • slingerslinger Member Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nunn, i,m glad you got your truck inspected as i know some laws seem dumb, but what i want to know is if you would have given a ticket to a car or truck you would have stopped because of defective eqipment? as you admitted to driving around in a truck that would not pass a legal inspection. i,m not busting your balls,but it seems like a case of, do as i tell you and not what i do. eastbank.

Aaaah, even a cop should get a pass once in a while. Nunn doesn't seem like a horrendous desperado.
    edited November -1
    nothing undermines the police more than to see them break the very laws they are charged to enforce. thats why i ask if he would ticket a citizen with faulty equipment,when in fact he was driving around with the same faulty equipment. the traffic laws are not biggee,s but thats where most people have run in,s with the police. but when you see police make illegal lane changes, no turn signals, speeding by when there is no emergency and rolling thru stop signs with not a care in the world, it gets to you as i have done these things my self and have been ticketed for it. no ball busting ,just making a observation. eastbank.
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 17,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...but what i want to know is if you would have given a ticket to a car or truck you would have stopped because of defective eqipment?You're assuming he writes chicken sheat citations. [:D]

discretion:
    a:individual choice or judgment <left the decision to his discretion> b: power of free decision or latitude of choice within certain legal bounds <reached the age of discretion>
    edited November -1
    i know what you are saying and i agree with it,but equal protection under the law means you will get wrote up the same as any one else who commits the same offense. the offenses we are talking about are minor,but the fines are pretty stiff here, they start at over 100.00 and go up quick. eastbank.
    edited November -1
    You just need a hotter girlfriend.
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Nunn prolly traded it at "algore" motors
    edited November -1
    eastbank...Nah, never mind.
    edited November -1
    nunn, thats what i was going to say, but you beat me to it. nah never mind it don,t mean nothing. eastbank.
  • pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ForceRecon
    quote:Originally posted by dakotashooter2

Hmm. You must ask her what her secret is, and do the same. [:D]

He may not possess that talent[B)]
    edited November -1
    nunn, we just look at things thru different glasses, i,ll just leave it at that. eastbank.
    edited November -1
    Far as I know, cops in Texas don't/can't write tickets for a whole raft of equipment problems, but they are caught and dealt with at inspection time. Things like tires, windshield wipers, brakes, etc.

In my case, it was four threaded brass plugs in the exhaust manifold where the AIR injector plumbing once connected. The AIR pump stopped working and broke the belt. I ran it with the pump in place, but without the belt for a while, but without the pump pushing air into the manifold, hot exhaust gases were allowed to back out into the lightweight AIR tubing, and very quickly corroded/eroded it to the point that I had an exhaust leak. Simple solution: Pull the plumbing and plug the holes, but it wasn't factory original.
  • txlawdogtxlawdog Member Posts: 10,039 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think Eastbank is right, folks should lead by example, especially Law Enforcement.

I have fussed at folks before about conduct like traffic violations like stickers and the like that I have worked with. How can folks expect to enforce the law if they cannot follow it?

Inspection problems? I don't blame someone for trying to work the system.

East your are also a little wrong, you are constantly trying to "bust balls" of any LE thread that you can get your fingers typing on.

I ain't fussing about it, you are for sure not the only one and you shed an opinion on an important subject. I hate that you have had a few bad experiences.
  • tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by txlawdog
    I think Eastbank is right, folks should lead by example, especially Law Enforcement.

I have fussed at folks before about conduct like traffic violations like stickers and the like that I have worked with. How can folks expect to enforce the law if they cannot follow it?

Inspection problems? I don't blame someone for trying to work the system.

East your are also a little wrong, you are constantly trying to "bust balls" of any LE thread that you can get your fingers typing on.

I ain't fussing about it, you are for sure not the only one and you shed an opinion on an important subject. I hate that you have had a few bad experiences.

crap, those inspections are a farce anyway,another tool to make money by the governments...clean air my *, politicians spew more pollution in the air when they talk than any car[V]
  • txlawdogtxlawdog Member Posts: 10,039 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's true too, and most of those make air cleaner things are the things or sensors that break down first and cost the most!