In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Where would you find values for

bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
Model airplane engines. I have several, many older FOX and some McCoy's from the 1950's and 60's that I want to sell. Any of you guys into modeling????

Comments

• Options
    we_dig_itwe_dig_it Member Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think Dano models.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by we_dig_it
    I think Dano models.[;)]

Does he run on nitro and castor oil? [:D]
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Model airplane engines.com
  • Options
    45forme45forme Member Posts: 948 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by we_dig_it
    I think Dano models.[;)]

Bikini's?

[:D]
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fox!

Yowsuh!

My brother and I used to make model airplanes in the early sixties, the Fox engine was the cream of the crop.

Great little engines, two stroke, these engines used castor oil. The smoke they produced was funky, I loved the smell!
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    Fox!

Yowsuh!

My brother and I used to make model airplanes in the early sixties, the Fox engine was the cream of the crop.

Great little engines, two stroke, these engines used castor oil. The smoke they produced was funky, I loved the smell!

Part of the reason I like Flat track Bike racing, When they run the Vintage class.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
  • Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got probably 5 or 6 of the old .049 engines. Can't recall the brand though (Cox, I think). Worked great on those tether cord planes. Started them with a finger. Finally decided a stick or hammer handle worked better, after a couple bloodied knuckles.[:D][;)]
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 35WhelenClassic
    I've got probably 5 or 6 of the old .049 engines. Can't recall the brand though (Cox, I think). Worked great on those tether cord planes. Started them with a finger. Finally decided a stick or hammer handle worked better, after a couple bloodied knuckles.[:D][;)]

I remember starting a .049 up not noticing it was tuning backwards, did not notice the problem until the plane was released to crash backwards!

Those motors will scream in reverse just as happy as forward!
  • Options
    redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,686 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know anything about them but I wouldn't mind having one to tinker with. If you figure a price let me know.