In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Blu flu time...let the peeps on the street have their way for a few days and see if the citizenry still backs that POS Mayor.
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wonder how long it will take the scum to start hollering for the police to come 'hep me'.

This is going to be fun to watch.
  • Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe the mayor declared a moratorium on all illegal acts. No need for a police force if nobody breaks the law. Why didn't they think of that sooner?
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They ought to put a tail on the mayor and arrest him. I'm sure there's something they can find this A hole doing illegal.
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    The mayor is a progressive moron learning now he is in a big boy world.
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    Since crime statistics are based on reports and arrests for each incident New York can reduce the crime to 0, that's right ZERO. All they need to do is disconnect the phone and internet, close and lock the precinct doors and pull the blinds down. All the police will be safe from those ambushers and the crime will go to 0.

Seems the money they pay that mayor is wasted since he's not sharp enough to figure that one out.
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My daughters response "How about "broken laws, broken windows, broken lives"? Quit breaking the law. I want my cops to be confident enough and trusting enough of the public, for whom they risk their lives every day, to maintain and enforce the law. People will regret creating a climate in which cops are afraid to do their jobs. Nothing positive for them can come from that."
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    change that ...dumb, strong, and most vicious...horrible crimes i never have herd of before even in nowhere kansas..like black beating, raping, and setting a 34 year old mom on fire in a park by WSU in wichita...she died a few days later...he got caught..he don't care ...him gots RIGHTS
  • Options
    Aspen79seAspen79se Member Posts: 4,707
    edited November -1
    So, the police are not doing thier job and putting lives & property at risk, or they've been needlessly arresting and ticketing/citing people.

Wonderful job of putting themselves in "Lose/Lose" situation.
  • Options
    XXCrossXXCross Member Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's just what I said about the situation in Ferguson MO.
    Law enforcement should just "take a break" and we'd see
    how long the sweethearts on the street take until they start
    screaming for "protection".
  • Options
    redhawkk480redhawkk480 Member Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Aspen79se
    So, the police are not doing thier job and putting lives & property at risk, or they've been needlessly arresting and ticketing/citing people.

+100
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Aspen79se

I highly doubt they are putting any lives at risk. What they most likely are not enforcing are quality of life crimes, which is what the mayor objects to in the first place. The "broken windows" theory, which the Mayor campaigned against is the basis for community policing and addressing quality of life crimes.. such as trespassing, vandalism, public intoxication. If the quality of life suffers in NYC it falls directly on the door step of the mayor because he is the one that doesn't think those crimes should be proactively enforced.
  • Options
    poshposh Member Posts: 360 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The stats I saw were that the big drop was in citations which equals less income for the city. Money talks!
  • Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    the traffic tickets seem to be a big money maker, here we have what the locals call the money miles(four miles)on the local four lane, on certain days( penn state football games, college openings or special events) you will find state police and two local police departments working that section of high way,going to or from the activities. according to T.S. uncle albert,one of the i don,t give a crap crowd.