In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Wonder if BLMatters will be coming to my area.

shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
edited February 2016 in General Discussion
Friday night, officers from another Dept that I know shot and killed a B/M that was wearing a bandanna over his face and waving/brandishing a handgun at passing motorists. When they challenged him in a parking lot after multiple reports, apparently he refused to comply with lawful commands, and his actions apparently resulted in him being shot and killed. Word is that he was possessing a BB gun, not that it matters in the end as far as I am concerned. If it looks like a gun, it is a gun. BTW this was not an open carry situation, this was a brandishing situation, which is a crime in Virginia.

COV 18.2-282 . It shall be unlawful for any person to point, hold or brandish any firearm or any air or gas operated weapon or any object similar in appearance, whether capable of being fired or not, in such manner as to reasonably induce fear in the mind of another or hold a firearm or any air or gas operated weapon in a public place in such a manner as to reasonably induce fear in the mind of another of being shot or injured.

It is also a felony to wear a mask in public.

18.2-422. Prohibition of wearing of masks in certain places; exceptions.

It shall be unlawful for any person over sixteen years of age while wearingany mask, hood or other device whereby a substantial portion of the face ishidden or covered so as to conceal the identity of the wearer, to be or appear in any public place, or upon any private property in this Commonwealth without first having obtained from the owner or tenant thereof consent to doso in writing. However, the provisions of this section shall not apply to persons (i) wearing traditional holiday costumes; (ii) engaged in professions, trades, employment or other activities and wearing protective masks which are deemed necessary for the physical safety of the wearer or other persons; (iii) engaged in any bona fide theatrical production or masquerade ball; or (iv) wearing a mask, hood or other device for bona fide medical reasons upon the advice of a licensed physician or osteopath and carrying on his person an affidavit from the physician or osteopath specifying the medical necessity for wearing the device and the date on which the wearing of the device will no longer be necessary and providing a brief description of the device. The violation of any provisions of this section shall constitute a Class 6 felony.

Both the officers involved are good folks, I hate that they were put in that situation.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/local/roanoke_county/suspect-shot-by-roanoke-county-police-dies/article_7a4bc019-76ef-5325-9c61-e7372b99375d.html

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Play stupid games, get stupid prizes. [;)] I really feel sorry for the two officers that now have to live with taking another persons life, no matter how much an ahole that person was.

Shil, have you ever had to draw your weapon??? Not asking you if you ever shot anyone, just if you had to draw because of stupid people. I know a few friends that have had to draw and it is really scary. I also have two really close, personal friends, that had to kill someone in the line of duty. Messed both of them up for life. One took an early retirement, 18 years, and the other, outright quit the force, 24 years. Oakie
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    His Momma said he was a good boy and the police identified his name as Dindu Nuffin from onlookers in the crowd, police continue to seek proper ID.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    11332_965246503565015_7231636230052449064_n_zpsvxjwvwee.jpg

Shake my head in disbelieving amusement as I am right now. Then hope the car got stolen by a chop shop. [;)] You can not fix stupid.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar

Shake my head in disbelieving amusement as I am right now. Then hope the car got stolen by a chop shop. [;)] You can not fix stupid.

Car is not worth stealing.[:D]
  • Options
    wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That car seems to be parked to far away from the curb and needs to be towed away for public safety.
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,840 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My advice would be to keep an eye on bias liberal DEMOCRAT media. Forget objective journalism, todays media are activists and being an election year, expect the exploitation and polarization to begin.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    His Momma said he was a good boy and the police identified his name as Dindu Nuffin from onlookers in the crowd, police continue to seek proper ID.

Bwahahahaha,...[:D]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Seems the BLM crowd is going to face an existential question:

Either begin acting as though you are part of the human race...or be removed from it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    Play stupid games, get stupid prizes. [;)] I really feel sorry for the two officers that now have to live with taking another persons life, no matter how much an ahole that person was.

Shil, have you ever had to draw your weapon??? Not asking you if you ever shot anyone, just if you had to draw because of stupid people. I know a few friends that have had to draw and it is really scary. I also have two really close, personal friends, that had to kill someone in the line of duty. Messed both of them up for life. One took an early retirement, 18 years, and the other, outright quit the force, 24 years. Oakie

Yes, twice in my career I came a split second away from shooting someone. One of those time an emotionally disturbed person charged out of his bedroom at me with what at first I thought was a gun in his hand. Just about the time I was about to pull the trigger I realized it was a black TV remote that he was holding like a gun. Fortunately for him, at the time we had Berettas, had it been a Glock he'd have probably been toast. [:D]

It seems to me that black youth are now being taught by their parents and culture to resist the police, no matter the situation. It seems an intentional political agenda to sacrifice them for the advancement of an agenda.

I heard a BLM spokes woman the other day say that "all lives matter" is racist, that only Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    CoolhandLukeCoolhandLuke Member Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BaRat Obislama is to blame, instigating & emboldening them, even had the scumbags at the big house.
    We have to fight so we can run away.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,724 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have your department install 'cow cathchers' on your patrol cars so you can get through the lines of protesters easier and without damaging you rigs.
    I hope things stay calm for you.
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by shilowar

I would pull 2 air stems and walk away
  • Options
    pingjockeypingjockey Member Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Heck, I thought this was about a range robber support group!
  • Options
    ChrisStreettChrisStreett Member Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oakie, it's never fun, but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Having 1/10 of a second (if you're lucky)to decide wether you or another live or die ain't all it's cracked up to be. Observe, orient, decide, act.
    "...dying ain't much of a living boy"-Josey Wales
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NeoBlackdog
    Have your department install 'cow cathchers' on your patrol cars so you can get through the lines of protesters easier and without damaging you rigs.
    I hope things stay calm for you.

Way ahead of you...this is my assigned vehicle. [;)]

IMAG0194_zpsiuz3b1tm.jpg