In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Auto Insurance Rip off?

keithmichigankeithmichigan Member Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
edited August 2013 in General Discussion
Any of you Vets out there had any experience with USAA auto insurance, you know the one that you can hand down to to your posterity at a very nice price?

I checked into it as I'm a vet and found that I could take advantage of a $39.00 increase for six months.

It was as I suspected all along and it really pisses me off that they are benefiting from taking advantage of our military.

My Grandson told me that everyone in his unit for the most part get the usaa insurance.

Any input?

Comments

• Options
    LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:I could take advantage of a $39.00 increase for six months.

I guess I don't follow
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by LaidbackDan

I guess I don't follow

I was being sarcastic. They were $39 bucks per six month premium higher than I'm paying now with just a every day normal insurance co.
  • Options
    LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ohh, I have a hard time conceptualizing sarcasm
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just wanted to add that I'm not one of those Vet's that might want to lay their hands on any thing that they can get. I just don't want a company to take advantage of the Vet's that don't research.
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been with USAA since 1980.

No issues. Good prices. Great claims service.

I have not been taken advantage of.

Everyone I know that is insured by USAA is very happy with them.

Sorry you are not.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ohh, I have a hard time conceptualizing sarcasm

Really you might want to work on that skill. You might be missing a lot.

If I was actually speaking to you on the street my voice would not be green.
  • Options
    rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by keithmichigan

I guess I don't follow

I was being sarcastic. They were $39 bucks per six month premium higher than I'm paying now with just a every day normal insurance co.

Don't use them then. I've used them for over 10 years. They were close to half of what I was paying before. They will usually send a check out annually to their members though.

Not sure why their rates piss you off. Insurance rates vary from person to person depending on the vehicle and driving habits.....
  • Options
    calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    There are so many factors in auto insurance that two seemingly identical accounts can have drastically different premiums and therefore one may get the best rate from Company A while another may get the best rate from Company B.
  • Options
    LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will stick with State Farm for all of my insurance needs as I have done since I begin paying for it. Sure I may find a lower price elsewhere. But I have yet to have the first problem with them and I went to school with my agent whom took over the business after her parents retired.

I would not get "Flo", "Gecko" or the "Vietnam 1972" insurance if they offered it for $2.00 a year. I'm not about to give them one red cent to fund their commercials.
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,971 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For me, Geico beat USAA by hundreds per year.
  • Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been with USAA for over 40 years and have nothing but compliments for them. Their rates have been very economical and their level of service for both my cars and my home has been excellent over the years. They have never fought me on any claim. They have always paid promptly and fairly. Both of my daughters also use it. One, because she inherited it. The other, because she is a commissioned officer and has her own policy. I would strongly recommend them to any active duty or veteran. [:)]
  • Options
    4627046270 Member Posts: 12,627
    edited November -1
    I had state farm from76-80, 89-91, 99-07.
    The other times I was overseas and used usaa.
    But in 07 when my mom died, she had the house under state farm, but to put the home owners in my name, they no longer carry home owners, so I pulled my auto too, went to fla farm bureau, good rates, good coverage
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    USAA is consistently rated as being the one of the best insurance Co's doing business in the US. Thanks to my father's service in the NAVY my entire family benefits from being members of USAA. Being the best doesn't necessarily mean being the cheapest. IMO USAA provides good products.