In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New Rifle

Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
Picked up the wife a Savage model 111 in 270cal. She is ready for deer season to get here.

P9260210-1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    You guys have got to check out this new rifle:

www.vigilancerifles.com

I saw this thing shoot MOA at 600 yards , there has only been one made so far and they are looking for investors, anybody with big bucks want to jump in?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just bought a new in the box DPMS Panther for $650. With carry handle and front sight, a couple boxes of ammo, two mags, and a sling for $802 out the door. Seems like a pretty good deal.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    finally became the proud parent of the greatest battle implement ever devised. will post pics tonight after i get done playing with it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just wanted to say thanks to you guys who gave suggestions to me in my search for a new rifle. I posted a couple of weeks ago with a bunch of questions. If you didn't see the post or remember, I was debating which rifle to go with and whether or not to get one of the new short mag cartridges.What I decided on was to stay with the .300 Win Mag since I already have the dies for it. I just picked-up my Steyr SBS Prohunter Stainless/Synthetic yesterday. I think I will be real happy with it. I will go shoot it this weekend.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bought the daughter a new rifle for her b'day, a Savage Mod10 with accutrigger in 243cal. What a sweet shooting rifle, and dead on accurate! Bought it at my local(Honesdale Pa.)Wal-Mart It will be the last gun I buy at the local Wal-mart. I was informed that as of next friday there will be no more guns for sale in that store. Also there will be no bargans for the ones that don't sell as they will be sent back to the distributer. They were not sure if they were going to have ammo for sale or not. What a bummer as I got a 10% discount.[V]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm gonna get a new rifle with my tax refund. I have little experience with them, but I'll have around $1500 to spend for the gun and goodies to go with it - Scope, magazines, sling, case, etc.

I'm looking at M1As, AR-15 types and AK47 types.

What do you all think is the best pick, overall??
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Should be able to double your money as we get closer to Nov.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by savage170
    Should be able to double your money as we get closer to Nov.

A friend is offering me $725 for my old one. I think I'll take it. [:D]
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The last scare I sold a Desert Digital DPMS for $1500...was a cool looking rifle