In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Holiday Parade???

shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
I am very disappointed...The Town that I work for has changed the name of the Christmas Parade to the Holiday Parade...its actually surprising, This is a small Town that still says the Pledge of Allegiance and has a local Christian minister say a prayer at the beginning and end of of every Town Council meeting....seems our new Town Manager finds Christmas Parade to be offensive...that can be my only conclusion

I wonder if that means the Mayor won't dress up as Santa Claus and ride the Ladder Truck at the end of the Parade.

Comments

• Options
    txlawdogtxlawdog Member Posts: 10,039 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I cannot imagine what I would do or what I will do when that crap begins to happen here. I'm sure it won't be long. Especially the way the rest of the country is going.

Do you think you would get anywhere if you called and fussed? What about the newspaper or TV? Email Sean Hannity, I bet he would be all over it!
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I wouldn't even be aware of the change except for an email town wide listing the December Calender of events and noticed the Holiday Parade...we still have it listed on our PD schedule as the Christmas Parade.

I'm in the middle of a Promotion Process, should find out this week...I'm not raising hell about anything!!! for the time being [:D]