In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Broward County No Confidence vote on the Sherrif

grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
edited May 2018 in General Discussion
https://www.dailywire.com/news/29944/breaking-broward-deputy-union-drops-hammer-sheriff-ryan-saavedra?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro

quote:Out of the 628 officers in the union, 534 voted that they had no confidence in Sheriff Israel. Union President Jeff Bell said that it was the "union's first vote of no confidence against a sheriff."

Comments

• Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Today I read about a 911 call from a student in the school. At least five times she begged "Please,Please,Please,Please,Please send someone to help us." Seems so many wrongly blame the AR-15 and the NRA.

Sorry Sheriff, I don't buy your self serving crap.
  • Options
    WranglerWrangler Member Posts: 5,788
    edited November -1
    Guy is an idiot and an egomaniac.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No confidence merely means he will be let go and since the union is involved probably means he will keep his pension.

What needs to happen is he needs to be put on open public court and be tried for malfeasance in office.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    he will probably run for governor.....and draw all the votes of the illegals, released cuban jailbirds, and those on the dole ...who he misssed arresting
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chiefr
    No confidence merely means he will be let go and since the union is involved probably means he will keep his pension.

What needs to happen is he needs to be put on open public court and be tried for malfeasance in office.

I?m not that educated on unions but I was a card carrying Teamster for awhile and I know in the Teamster union management were non union. Now would a elected Sherriff be union or does the union only represent non elected deputies?
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,987 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If he is an elected official would not the voters have to get rid of him?
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sheriffs around here are elected. Not in any union.
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Union likely has nothing to do with Sheriff. Florida is a Right to Work state so their version of Union is likely different, and has much less power than the Unions you find up north. The Governor in Florida has the power to remove a Sheriff and appoint an interim Sheriff, and Gov Scott has done it previously in Liberty Co Florida.