In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A Matter of Interpretation

grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2013 in General Discussion
For those who haven't heard, Washington State just passed both laws - happy marriage and legalized marijuana.
The fact that happy marriage and marijuana were legalized on the same day makes perfect biblical sense because
Leviticus 20:13 says, "If a man lies with another man they should be stoned."

We just hadn't interpreted it correctly before!

Comments

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Leviticus 20:13 says, "If a man lies with another man they should be stoned."

[:D]
    RLTW

• Options
    gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "One less thing to worry about"

~ Forrest Gump

[;)][:D]
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    Don't care who marries who, sleeps with who. None of my business what informed and consenting adults do with other informed and consenting adults. Don't try to involve me and I could care less.

That whole does not pick my wallet nor break my leg Jefferson thing there...

Addictive drugs have a negative impact on society as a whole. Even the lesser ones hit our bank accounts, the safety of our highways, the productiveness of our industries, the security of our kid's futures.

Medical pot use would be okay with me if not for all the freeloaders, posers and assorted "Oh but I'm sick too!" crowd spoiling it for the truly ill. Other than that there's perhaps some lower level of punishment I see as reasonable to talk about for most abusers.

For pushers, dealers and other scum, don't care what the drug is. No adequate punishment exists under the law.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ChrisInTempe
    Don't try to involve me and I could care less.

Unfortunately that is not the attitude these folks share. it is not enough for folks to mind their own business. these folks not only demand that you accept it, they demand that you approve of it, and teach it to your children...that at the core is the issue. Those that demand tolerance for their lifestyle are the most intolerant of others.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06
    quote:Leviticus 20:13 says, "If a man lies with another man they should be stoned."

[:D]

BTW that is pretty damn funny