In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Daughter's logic.....is KILLING ME!!!!

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,687 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2013 in General Discussion
I told my middle child that she really NEEDED to go get a job....not just hang around here all summer. She put in several applications and nothing has panned out, so she started cleaning the neighbor's house.

She is cleaning this little single person home with two dogs for $25. The guy that lives there is single and is out of town for the next 4 months. Before he left he had her clean the place and told her she missed some places dusting....the second shelf of the entertainment center. So, she has gone back and tried to clean it again.

She is taking MY cleaning supplies over there!!! She had to have used $20 worth of MY things to go over and clean the neighbor's house (better than she does our own home)....and getting paid $25???

I have told myself that this whole project is not really about the money.....but really the goal here is to get her to go out and earn something.

She asked to take my vacuum cleaner over there. A big FAT NO to that little missy. I don't ever lend out my vacuum.....that is just nasty and I wouldn't want it back if it went over there.

Oh well.....at least she is doing something!!!!
LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,393 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Sounds like something that would happed at our house.[;)]
  • Options
    pogybatepogybate Member Posts: 3,150
    edited November -1
    $25 an hour for cleaning houses around here. Thats basic cleaning, no windows etc. The guys taking advantage of her.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******
    edited November -1
    So, it appears the only problem is that she's not charging enough? Seems like a very simple problem. [:I]
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,687 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He is taking advantage of her VERY MUCH SO.....

But.....

My hopes in all of this is that she get frustrated and go find a BETTER job.

Sometimes these crappy little jobs are so frustrating that they are actually helpful in sparking that jump that is oh so needed in a teenage girl.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kasey, get her drunk and talk into joining the Navy! [;)]
  • Options
    nards444nards444 Member Posts: 3,994 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    He is taking advantage of her VERY MUCH SO.....

But.....

My hopes in all of this is that she get frustrated and go find a BETTER job.

Sometimes these crappy little jobs are so frustrating that they are actually helpful in sparking that jump that is oh so needed in a teenage girl.

exactly life lesson, who cares if it comes cheap. Unfortunately parents these days are to scared to baby their kids to much and just hand them stuff. Life lessons are more valuable than $25.

When I was kid if I had sports which I had football which started in August I didnt have to work, and really didnt have much time. But the months we had off we had to find some jobs, and if we couldnt then it was things like stain the house, etc around home.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A big FAT NO to that little missy.....

LMAO!!! [:p]