In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Options
    Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    khou.com

Texas News
    Husband shoots 2 bank robbery suspects who kidnapped him, his wife

by Andrew Horansky / KHOU 11 News & KHOU.com staff
    khou.com
    Posted on August 2, 2013 at 6:31 PM

COLUMBUS, Texas -- Two bank robbery suspects were shot in Colorado County Thursday night by a man who said they kidnapped him and his wife, a bank employee.

According to the Colorado County Sheriff's Office, the couple had been held at gunpoint by the suspects inside their home just north of Columbus. They were then forced to drive to the First National Bank of Eagle Lake in Columbus.

The suspects then forced the woman to take out an undisclosed amount of funds, investigators said.

"We believe they had knowledge that she was an employee of the bank for them to be at the residence and to take her back," Sgt. Andrew Weido with the Columbus County Sheriff's Office said.

He said the suspects then forced the husband to drive them in his truck south down Highway 71, and that's when the husband of the bank employee was able to gain access to a firearm inside the vehicle.
    He fired at the suspects near County Road 101. Authorities then responded to a 911 call from the scene at 7:30 p.m. with the Columbus Police Department arriving first.

When they arrived, officers found the two suspects with gunshot wounds lying on the ground near a pickup that was parked in a ditch.
    One of the wounded, 20-year-old Jordan Kutach, was airlifted to Memorial Hermann Hospital in critical condition. The other, 21-year-old Preston Kutach, was taken by EMS to the Columbus Community Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Both suspects lived in the community of Rock Island and neighbors said they were brothers.

The bank's president, Sam Kana, tells KHOU 11 News he is thankful and blessed that the couple was not hurt.

Those who know them said the husband is a reserve officer with the sheriff's department and that the community has their back.
    "I'm sure that they're both going to be upset for awhile," resident Brenda Buehler said. "It's a frightening thing to have happen, but I think everybody's going to tell them good job."

"It's very positive to a community to hear that the good guy does win in the end," resident Evan Mullins said.

"It could have turned out so much worse," store owner Debbie Damon said.

Investigators said the couple did not know their attackers, and it is unclear how they became targets.

They are not releasing their names, or surveillance video, which they said captures some of the crime still in progress.
    The Texas Rangers will be assisting with the sheriff's investigation.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Don't Mess With Texas

The Difference Between Liberals, Conservatives and
    Texans

Question: You're walking down a deserted street with
    your wife and two small children. Suddenly, a
    dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes around
    the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities,
    raises the knife, and charges. You are carrying a
    Glock .40 and you are an expert shot. You have mere
    seconds before he reaches you and your family. What do
    you do?

Liberal Answer:

Well, that's not enough information to answer the
    question! Does the man look poor or oppressed? Have I
    ever done anything to him that would inspire him to
    attack? Could we run away? What does my wife think?
    What about the kids? Could I possibly swing the gun
    like a club and knock the knife out of his hand? What
    does the law say about this situation? Does the Glock
    have an appropriate safety built into it? Why am I
    carrying a loaded gun and what kind of message does
    this send to society and my children? Is it possible
    he'd be happy with just killing me? Does he definitely
    want to kill me or would he just be content to wound
    me? If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family
    get away while he was stabbing me? This is all so
    confusing! I need to debate this with some friends for
    a few days to try to come to a conclusion.

Conservative Answer:

BANG!

Texan's Answer:

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
    click... (sounds of reloading).

Wife: "Sweetheart, he looks like he's still moving,
    what do you kids think?"

Son: "Mom's right Dad, I saw it too..."

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
    click.
    Daughter: "Nice group, Daddy! Were those the Winchester Silver Tips?"

[:0][:D][}:)]

[img]file:///C:/My%20Documents/temp/G.437867134_8.gif[/img]

LT. RRG
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This execution is going to happen tonight despite Washington DC and the UN.
    Kudos for Texas.
    These children were tortured also.

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5hE2q4JNMVAPWGFSBiCuYMro-Pccg
    US says it can't intervene in Mexican's execution
    13 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (AFP) - The US State Department insisted Tuesday that it did all it could to stop the execution of a Mexican man by the state of Texas but could not intervene, after UN chief Ban Ki-moon urged Washington to stay the execution.

Kurtis Cooper, a department spokesman, said the federal government had "numerous communications" with the office of Governor Rick Perry and the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles regarding the case of Jose Ernesto Medellin.

"We wrote a letter to the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles to request that it consider whether a failure to comply with the Vienna Convention in Mr. Medellin's case resulted in an actual prejudice to his conviction sentence," Cooper told AFP.

"This case presents a difficult situation," he said.

"We have an indisputable international law obligation that conflicts with state law," he said. "The Supreme Court has ruled the president has neither the constitutional power nor the legislative authority to overturn the state rules."

Texas was poised to execute Medellin, 33, by lethal injection late Tuesday for the 1993 rape and murder of two teenagers.

Mexico has complained that its nationals on death row in the United States were not informed of their right to consular access and assistance during trial, a right under the Vienna Convention.

Last month, the International Court of Justice instructed the US authorities to do everything they could to stay the imminent execution of five Mexicans, including Medellin.

But Texas has refused, arguing -- with the support of a March US Supreme Court ruling -- that its state courts, which decided the Medellin case, are not bound by the ICJ treaty.

That left the federal government with no legal tools to force Texas to put off the execution.

The UN's Ban called on the US government to abide by the ICJ ruling.

"All decisions and orders of the International Court of Justice must be respected by states," Ban warned in Mexico City where he was attending the world AIDS conference.

"The United States should take every step to make sure the execution does not take place," he added, saying he had taken all the necessary steps to delay Medellin's execution, detailed in a letter to the United States and that he was "confident" his demands would be accepted.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Would you believe that 1/3 of the guns I sell on GunBroker I send to Texas? What you boys got going on down there??
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I thought this was a threatening message from Texans to people of other States.

Turns out I'm pretty wrong, it's telling you darn Texans to quit littering on your State [:D]
    Boy was I wrong, kinda puts a damper on that saying!

"Girls often say it's not the size of the boat, and it's the motion of the ocean, well I'll tell you this it takes a hell of a long time to get to England on a row boat"
    "Marrying for sex is like taking a plane ride for peanuts"
    -Jeff Foxworthy
  • Options
    22Catch2222Catch22 Member Posts: 12
    edited November -1
    It probably has something to do with the recent passage of Open Carry. Our Legislature only meets every two years and so stuff happens really fast and with lots of media attention. The attention this legislation got really put the focus on firearms.

I must admit, I'm actively moving things around myself. Most of us will still be carrying concealed, but without much concern about "printing" and that means larger handguns will be options. And, like most of you guys I'm sure, it's an additive thing rather than a sell or trade thing.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's Mexican's. [:D]
  • Options
    AzAfshinAzAfshin Member Posts: 2,986 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jade Helm and tin foil hats.
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    It's just a ploy- those in Texas are really buying the guns so that they can smuggle them into New York City.
  • Options
    Gunners762Gunners762 Member Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    when I was selling ammo 90% was going to the east coast 10% to the west coast.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NO, no I wouldn't believe it.