In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

C&R question

shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
edited August 2013 in General Discussion
Do the full automatic rifles listed in my C&R eligable firearms manual also have to be transfered like any other full auto or do I just have to send them a copy of my C&R license and it's legal for me to own? The reason I ask is because I'm thinking of buying this. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=66246923

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I understand that a C&R license doesn't allow you to "engage in business," but it does allow you to buy, sell and trade to, "enhance or upgrade a collection."

Let's suppose you wanted a No. 4 Enfield. You buy five of them. You cherry pick the keeper. The rest are trading stock. Your buddy has a Russian M44 that you like the looks of, and you trade. You have "upgraded your collection," have you not?

At least that is my understanding of the C&R license. I could be wrong, and will stand correction, since I have never had one.

When you buy a gun on your C&R license, does it mean you have to keep it forever?

FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I got my renewal form for my C&R License, and was filling it out. It comes with a certificate of compliance with 18 U.S.C. 922(G)(5)(B)

Basically a certificate of citizenship. The instructions aren't spelled out real well, and it has a place for "Name under which the application was filed" OK, that's me. Next is "Name of Person Certifying to Citizenship" Is that me, too, or is that someone attesting to my citizenship?

I just don't want to make any mistakes on this application, because it's hell getting them straightened back out. I'm pretty sure my name needs to go in both places, but would appreciate advice from someone who knows for sure.

Thanks,
    Dan
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I finally received my C&R license. Do/should I need to sign the original or should I leave it unsigned and sign all of the copies? Thanks.

Todd
  • Options
    edited November -1
    wasnt sure which forum to post this on so i guess I'll ask here. I just requested my C&R app this past weekend(fathers day presant to myself)and had a question come to mind. I already have my ccp. When i get a handgun with the C&R do i have to have it added to my ccp. I guess i dont understand if they make a distinction between me as a collector and me personally(wouldnt that be the same as i am not collecting for profit or business, just pleasure)[?].
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Would it be legal for a C&R from out of state to come into VA and purchase an M1 Garand from a private seller? If so what paperwork should the C&R present to the seller?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The Sarah Palin shotgun has me wondering. Would it be considered a C&R eligible firearm? To me it would fall under the following catagory:

c) Any other firearms which derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or because of their association with some historical figure, period, or event. Proof of qualification of a particular firearm under this category may be established by evidence of present value and evidence that like firearms are not available except as collector's items, or that the value of like firearms available in ordinary commercial channels is substantially less.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    In regards to mnrivrat48 post about a modified Winchester,

If a rifle over 100 years old was modified (changing it's caliber) well over 50 years ago (making it a curio) would it still be C&R eligible?

Curio definition is - something considered novel, rare, or bizarre, curiosity.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What does it require for one to obtain a C&R license,applications,fees etc...

Brian

"Meine Ehre heisst Treue"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey guys I had a question. My C&R license is for illinois and Im now living in Wyoming. How does one transfer ones license/address?

Thanks,
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    No problem; unless the state laws of the person with the FFL prohibit this (New Jersey comes to mind). The seller needs a signed copy of the FFL for his records and can also request to see a valid photo ID in order to be sure that the person handing over the FFL is actually the person named on the FFL.
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    spooling up for the big yardsale!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Gonna wander around I reckon...not gonna be buyin much, got empty pockets, maybe a little trading, except folks want insane prices for their used stuff!