In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I wish people would stop giving me guns

nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
First, my cousin gives me a sweetheart deal of a trade, so I get a new 7mm.

Then, my dad comes back from visiting my grandparents and brings me a .30-06 they just had lying around the house.

I'm running out of room in my safe real quick.[:D][:p][:D][:D][;)][;)][:)]

Comments

• hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    Man i wish i had that problem. I have only had two guns given to me and there came from my father when he passed. Unless you count the fathersday present the kids got me. but then i had to pay for that myself.
  • kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have not had a single gun given to me. Not even my 22lr (traditionaly it seems a gift from father to son). both my handguns I bought....and my 22 my wife bought for me for Christmas last year (only I was working that year).

at least my dad taught me how to shoot, I can be happy for that....I am going to make sure though, that my son gets at least one rifle, and one handgun from me though.
  • MgderfMgderf Member Posts: 907 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My uncle has promised me 5 long guns.
    Not sure of all of the models, I know there is a model 93 Winchester 12ga.
    The others include a bolt action .30-06
    bolt action .25-06
    bolt action .22lr marked "U.S.Property" (Training)
    bolt action .22 ?
    I've offered to buy them at market value, he just says I'll end up with them eventually![:D][:D][:D]
  • MarnerMarner Member Posts: 2,977
    edited November -1
    I guess I have the opposite problem...it seems it's me that's usually doing the giving in this family. [:I] But I suppose better now than after I'm... etc etc etc. [;)]

Ron
  • hooch31Lhooch31L Member Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am another person who wishes he had that problem.

Anyone have any extras let me know.
  • MgderfMgderf Member Posts: 907 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hooch31L
    I am another person who wishes he had that problem.

Anyone have any extras let me know.
    I've got guns in my safe that aren't mine,
    but they are NOT extras! They just don't belong to me.
  • sarge_3adsarge_3ad Member Posts: 8,387 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a friend give me a old Savage single shot .22 not long ago. It's really a neat old rifle.

But I have given away more guns then I have received. My brother, who is a die hard IH fan and collector, I gave him my IHC Garand you see pictured in my sig line.

My little brother is just as deserving, and a lefty, so I just ordered a Browning BAR .30-06 for him in the lefty version. He doesn't know it yet and as soon as I can get a good deal on a Leupold and get it mounted, I'll give that to him.

I've given several rifle away to charitable organizations for their money making efforts.

And finally, Matwor won a new single shot H&R shotgun in a giveaway I had here a couple of years ago.

After all this, if anyone is interested in giving me a gun or two, I would cherish it like all my others. [;)][:D]
  • nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is a recent phenomenon.

Up until now, the only gun given to me was my 10-22, by my father years and years ago.

Everything else was kind of considered "community property" in that I could shoot it anytime I wanted, but it always belonged to another family member.

All the other guns I have I bought, except for two which were partially paid for as a gift from my then girlfriend (now wife) and another that the rest of my family chipped in to pay PART of for a Christmas present.
  • dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,540 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My dad has giving me over 30 guns. Every birthday, christmas and most summers since i was 6 until i left home at 18. They will be passed down to my children and grand children. I have given my oldest grand child a 270 he helped me redo the stock. He begs me to let him shoot it. He is only 4 and dont understand how hard it kicks. He shoots a 22 though.
  • MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    You could always have a giveaway or two. [;)]
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marner

I guess I have the opposite problem...it seems it's me that's usually doing the giving in this family. [:I] But I suppose better now than after I'm... etc etc etc. [;)]

Ron

Uncle Ron....is that you?
  • mango tangomango tango Member Posts: 3,833 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's a nice problem to have!
  • mauser54mauser54 Member Posts: 3,733
    edited November -1
    Wish I had that problem![;)] But in your case, it sounds like you need to have a couple of giveaways[;)][:D][:D]