In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

21- August 2017 Solar Eclipse interactive map...

retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
edited July 2017 in General Discussion
https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2017/7/25/16019892/solar-eclipse-2017-interactive-map

Plug in your zip and watch what the eclipse will look like at time of occurrence and the vicinity of your choosing.

Comments

• Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At 10:19:19 I will see 99.615% totality.

I would have to drive 14 miles SW to see 100%. I am not going 14 feet. I have a sneaking suspicion that the roads around here will be a zoo.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,663 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    99.2% here at home. That'll do for me. Originally our plan was to be in John Day for the eclipse because the city police and the county sheriff there wanted to have extra officers on hand to help contain the hooligans. Due to the influx of people expected here the PD has told all local officers that they'll be staying home to deal with the added hooligans right here.
  • Options
    MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    2:38 PM 100%
    Regards, MAALOX
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1.46 pm here
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:The eclipse will peak at 1:18:24 pm CDT, when the moon obscures 99.8% of the sun.

If you want to see the total eclipse, you'll need to travel 10 miles SW.

i'm good where i sit too
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The eclipse will peak at 2:44:34 pm EDT, when the moon obscures 92.3% of the sun.

I will be out to see what I can, if its a clear day. I thought I would not be able to see it at all, thanks for posting that.
    RLTW

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,243 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will get 98 percent at my house. That will be good enough for me, if I happen to be at home. Probably will be in Laredo in the big truck.
    The NC mountains are close to Charlotte and Atlanta, I bet the roads in the "totality" zone will be a traffic nightmare.
  • Options
    wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040
    At 10:19:19 I will see 99.615% totality.

I would have to drive 14 miles SW to see 100%. I am not going 14 feet. I have a sneaking suspicion that the roads around here will be a zoo.

Make a buck and charge for parking!
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,582 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    86% for us
    my oldest son and his GF will be headed out for the 100% view area some where out west .planned for a long time and beat the price hikes on the room rental . but I think the crowds and traffic will be unreal to deal with ..
    besides I am sure countless videos and news groups will have the internet packed so from the comfort of my chair I can see it with no damage to my eyes or wallet [:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will see an 82% eclipse at 1:09pm according to this. That is when I usually get in my car to head to work.....should be interesting!

Jon
  • Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NeoBlackdog
    99.2% here at home. That'll do for me. Originally our plan was to be in John Day for the eclipse because the city police and the county sheriff there wanted to have extra officers on hand to help contain the hooligans. Due to the influx of people expected here the PD has told all local officers that they'll be staying home to deal with the added hooligans right here.

When we were on our trip in June, I noticed they were advertising the eclipse heavily out that way. Now I see why.

Jon
  • Options
    Irish 8802Irish 8802 Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At 13:10 100% from my backyard.