In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

College active shooting policy

MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
This is really disturbing. I can not wait to graduate from this place. In the event of an active shooter you are to run and hide. Well it doesnt say that but might as well. It really says go to your room and lock the door and do not come out.

Comments

• Options
    Dakota308Dakota308 Member Posts: 4,162
    edited November -1
    i would stay put. and pray he or she decides to kill him/herself before someone else. should they be near me. i would fight.

before the flames

1) i am armed, not gun but armed. geologist carry rock hammers and pocket knives. and i know how to use both
    2) said perp is on a killing spree. he is going to shoot either way, whether or not i try to defend myself/others
    3) this has nothing to do with heroics
    4) its my personality to help others even at cost to me.

so without question or hesitation i would fight if i were in the same hallway or room or building in the open. BUT i pray that day never comes
  • Options
    DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's also what my state demands by law. Arkansas state law requires that you run from criminals.

That law is largely ignored, apparently, given the number of criminals killed by victims in this state but it's still absurd that it's even on the books.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doc
    That's also what my state demands by law. Arkansas state law requires that you run from criminals.

That law is largely ignored, apparently, given the number of criminals killed by victims in this state but it's still absurd that it's even on the books.

The weak-wristed, nanny, liberals think all violence is bad. They cannot tell the difference between violence done to good people by bad people compared to defensive violence done by good people to those bad people trying to do harm to innocents. So to them it makes sense for them to make laws requiring you to run from criminals and to make it illegal to fight back. That way there is usually only half as much violence that happens. And of course that half would be the violence against the innocent citizens.

In the liberals eyes, if that innocent person fought back, then there is now twice as much violence and the liberals can't stand that.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox
    quote:Originally posted by Doc

The weak-wristed, nanny, liberals think all violence is bad. They cannot tell the difference between violence done to good people by bad people compared to defensive violence done by good people to those bad people trying to do harm to innocents. So to them it makes sense for them to make laws requiring you to run from criminals and to make it illegal to fight back. That way there is usually only half as much violence that happens. And of course that half would be the violence against the innocent citizens.

In the liberals eyes, if that innocent person fought back, then there is now twice as much violence and the liberals can't stand that.

one law i would not hesitate to break.

so by breaking said law i become a criminal myself and said perp had better run from me. [:(!]
  • Options
    RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chrishiher
    This is really disturbing. I can not wait to graduate from this place. In the event of an active shooter you are to run and hide. Well it doesnt say that but might as well. It really says go to your room and lock the door and do not come out.

I saw an instruction for 7-11 employees about what to do in case of an armed robbery. It was rather amusing, sad and scary, as it said to basically submit yourself to the mercy of a robber, and the part of what not to do consisted of 3 parts, I don't remember the first, but the second was something like "weapons are not permitted on premises blah blah blah, don't bring weapons to work", and the third (!!!): "a weapon in hand of a criminal is one too many".

Last week I had a pleasure to have a few conversations with wonderful CA residents, and what do you know, they honestly believe that "the public" is stupid and is not to be trusted with weapons, and especially firearms, if you let anyone have a gun, they'll start shooting each other. On self defense, they somehow believe that rigorous gun control laws will protect them from criminals buying firearms. *shrug*.
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dakota308
    ...rock hammers and pocket knives....

while i suppose its better than nothing, briging a hammer it a gun fight isnt the best defensive strategy...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KEVD18
    quote:Originally posted by Dakota308
    ...rock hammers and pocket knives....

while i suppose its better than nothing, briging a hammer it a gun fight isnt the best defensive strategy...

but i can a rock hammer anywhere i want. and nobody thinks twice.

estwing-long.jpg

16.5in long for prespective very good weapontool in the right hands
  • Options
    dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    i`m not suggesting that anyone should break the law, but if i were living there i would be tempted to carry one of those little naa .22 revolvers, i just would`nt tell anyone. unless i had to go through a metal detector i don`t see why it would be a problem. in a life and death situation i`d rather be charged with being unlawfully armed than to be dead!....but thats just me i suppose...i`d choose to fight for my life.