In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Prayers Needed

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
This morning I went in to work and was laid off. I am a married father of 4. This is the most devestating news I could get. Please pray for the future of me and my family. It seems hopeless today.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    There pulling the plug on a former co-worker of mine that retired last Dec. There pulling it at midnight tonight he was born on 9/20/1949.
    He has stage 4 lung cancer. Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    For My friend Butch
    he Was Attacked A Couple days ago
    After Doing Chores he Came home and Mowed His Lawn Abt 10:00 PM
    He Finished pulled the Mower up To the back door
    Got off and Turned around to Be taken to the Ground Over backwards By a Cat As He was Down protecting his Face And neck He Pryed the Cats jaws Open and tried to Break them And through it As hard as Possible into a Hayrake It instantly Returned On his Back He Has both hands Seriously Messed up One looks Like will need Skin graft got his Nose Too And Has a Pick Line into his heart With Daily IV... Bad infection set in Over night
    He Lives alone And he lost his Cell Ph In the Fracus And Did not Dare to come out At Night Stayed until Am When Son Came to See him.
    DEC Says Either Bobcat or Mtn Lion have Hair samples and Are testing
    He Says Saw 4 mtn Lions at Same time last Fall One of his Buddies Took Care of One It Had a Collar. Dec Says Don't Shoot them But they Didn't turn them Loose (yeah Right)
    Has insurance For the Farm he works on
    Won't Cover @ Home
    Homeowners Won't Pay
    I told him Send the Bills to DEC. they Said Don't Shoot them They Are Protected but they Arent Here.
    Thanks Guys
    This Happend in Central NY
  • Options
    edited November -1
    For that poor shot to up and shovel beaten rooster. [B)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Guys I could use all the help and prayers for my family that you can give.
    Thanks

UPDATE

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone.
    The problem did work out and things are good, in fact better than before.

"all the time" indeed......
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hey guys and gals I my family needs all of them they can get.
    My uncle (moms brother) was put in the hostp.3 days ago and it does not look good they are going today to sign the dnr papers. hes 70 years old and my mom is not taking it very well.

thanks

Clay
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Please ,for my daughter,Becky.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Some of my brother's inlaws were involved in a wreck this afternoon. All teenagers, one dead and 2 others in the hospital. My neices don't know about it yet and my brother is cutting his shift short to come home.

http://www.kystandard.com/content/one-juvenile-dead-two-injured-old-bloomfield-rd-wreck
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We lost a friend and coworker last night.In the last month me was diagnosed w/ diabetes and lukemia.Then he got an infection in his eye and it moved to his brain.We know he is in a better place now but his family needs our prayers.This brother was only fifty three years old.This is why you tell your family and friends you love them every chance you get.You never know when God will decide it's your time.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    One of our members passed away this Friday morning. Ronald J. Snow of Snow's Sport Shop in Denmark,Maine.I'll miss the times going to visit him at his shop.He was 61 years old. [:(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just got off the phone with my best friend. His brother, also my friend of 30+ years, is in the process of losing his wife. She went for a quick bike ride and was involved in an accident. I do not know the details of how it happened but she did not survive. This is going to devastate Mike. His wife Diane was a beautiful,sweet, caring woman who lit up any room she was in. She was only in her early 40's and this nightmare is hitting the family like a ton of bricks.
    Please include Mike and Diane in your prayers.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Last night my grandfather passed away in his sleep. Please keep him and our family in your prayers, we need them right now :(

thanks guys
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No, nobody is dieing and I get along with all my family. My prayer request is that I have a new job offer that will pay alot more than I currenty make. The prayer is that God will give me and the wife direction and a clam assurance to pick up and move our family 500 miles away from the country to the city.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My dad has influenza real bad and he is having a real bad time. He was a firefighter for 20 years before SCBA plus he smokes. He went to the emergency room for the second time in his life Monday because he could not breath. His blood pressure was 68 over 49.

Toorrow he is going to go get some nerve pills to help him relax. I guess he is scared because he cant breath. I understand that because when i had a trach i couldnt breath good so i know how he feels.

He is the nicest man i have ever meet. I wish i could have been like him. I am more like my mom. She is the one with the temper. He is 78 and i have only seen him mad 4 times in my life. Its hard watching someone you know go down hill little by little.

If you can say a nice word or pray for my dad Edwin.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hi fellow gun lovers alot of you dont know me but i sure could use your prayers,my wife has been in the hospital for 2 days now awful sick and in pain.they arnt sure whats wrong.but me and the kids sure miss her here at home.and i hate seeing her sick so could you all give a little prayer.thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    this midwest flooding is getting all Biblical.

Levees are busted. Dams are failing.

farmers are on their third replants.

Water is as high as it has been in the last 100 years.

More rain is in the forecast.

Lord, have mercy.

Ben
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Dear Lord, Don't let Danny kill his son. Just a good * whoopin' will do.

Oh yea, keep him out of jail also.

Thank you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A good friend of mine is in the hospital with a bursted brain anurysim. He is in his mid 40's. Please give him all prayers and support that you have. He has known me since I was born and also has a daughter that is a freshman and a son that is in the 6th grade with my son. Thank you. John
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My niece, my dead brothers daughter, is in need. She is 32 and looks 50. She was 3 when my brother and her mother divorced, and he did what turned out to be a pattern for him, he left his ex to raise her and saw her maybe once a year until his death.

She started using drugs at 15, and my brother died when she was 17. She finished high school, but then just fell into drugs full time.

When she was 19, she went into a court ordered treatment and cleaned up. She married and had two kids. She was doing okay.

When she was 23, she got divorced. She had the kids, but struggled. Soon she was back on drugs, arrested, and lost the kids. Since then, she has gone down hill, been arrested a hundred times and is homeless.

Got a call last week from my sister-in-law that she had been arrested again, and they were going to put her in a treatment program for the umpteenth time. She wanted her mother to call me and see if we would pony up for private treatment.

We have helped her many, many times without any luck, and 4 years ago I told her I was through. Don't call me, come see me, or write me a letter until you've cleaned up.

I went to see her in jail today, and the judge is waiting to see if she is going to swing private care this week, or she's headed to the state hospital. Private care is $36,000 for 30 days in treatment and 180 days of outpatient. She was convincing that she wanted to clean up, but she's burned me before.

I told her to take the court ordered treatment at the state hospital, and if she completed it, I would pay for the private care immediately following her release with the stipulation that she go straight from one to the other.

She didn't like it and begged me to let her go straight to the private treatment center, but I held my ground. I figure the State will clean her up, then she'll have a clearer head for the high dollar treatment.

I had talked to the treatment center, and they said it would only help to have prolonged treatment, and they said she might understand how much better the private treatment was after coming from the state hospital.

Please pray for Christine (Chrissy). This is absolutely the last time I'm helping her. I've spent so much money on Sandy and me lately, this is going to hurt. If it works, it's money well spent. If it fails, it's an expensive lesson for me.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Took my wife to the hospital earlier tonight, she had a diverticulosis attack. She's out right now and she's on morphine. She should be okay in a few days.

A little more help is needed on this one. My daughters best friend Abbey gave birth last Wednesday to a baby boy that had part of his aorta missing. He's in critical condition in intensive care with his chest cracked open. Doesn't look very good.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    just found out that my friends wife has breast cancer.she is in her mid 40s. she had told the doctor to remove the breast,but the doctor told her even if they did,they would not get all the cancer.doctor then told her and her husband that it was the begining of stage 4 cancer.i ask all of you who believe in GOD and prayer to keep Mike and his wife in your thoughts
    thanks jim
  • Options
    edited November -1
    guy and gals... my mother is now diagnosed with cancer. surgery tomorrow, then she will begin chemo\radiation if she can make it through surgery, help me pray please
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just got a call from my brother telling me that our cousin had died last night. He was one of our favorites and will be missed. Prayers please for him and his family.
    Tom[:(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Dori Went to Dr.yesterday For Annual Check up.
    She Has been Listing to her Left Side ( Wants to Fall That Way) For Some time
    Dr Checked For Ear Infection Etc.
    To make a Long Story Short because of the Past history Of Cancer ,,,2X
    They are Doing A Ct Scan Of The Brain Today At 3pm.
    Thank You In Advance God Bless You All
    Woody
  • Options
    edited November -1
    For Hughbetcha, who is going to provide security for a party of 200 16 year olds. He's gonna need all the prayer and good vibes we can send![:0]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My youngest brother has been retired from the Navy for about 10 years. Stomach started bothering him a few weeks ago. He went to the doctor and they done a bunch of tests. Found he has a rare type of abdominal cancer. Started to operate yesterday and found him so full of cancer they wouldn't try taking it out. Around the 15th they are going to start kemo and radiation to try to slow it down. Says he only has a very few weeks left to live. Maybe enough prayers will help. Dam he's too young for this. Only 49.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My younger brother goes in the hospital tomorrow for open heart surgery.
    He has 2 blocked artery's and also needs a valve replaced.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Got the news around 1 this afternoon,my aunt who lives in new york was driving to her nails done and suffered a massive brain annorisum(spelled wrong)
    My mom got a call from the dr asking what her wishes were and mom said she doesnt want any measure of life...dnr
    So now we just wait she has no response, her body is just there.

My dad suffered the same thing and hew was in a coma for 7 years woke up and 3 days later suffered a massive heartattack and passed away.
    This is the only family my mom has left..her parents are both gone and now after talking to her at 8pm last night she might be gone also.

Luckily when she was driving she did hit the back of phone company truck that has a lady in the bucket working on phone lines,she wasnt hurt just really shook up..
  • Options
    bull300wsmbull300wsm Member Posts: 3,289
    edited November -1
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,038 ******
    edited November -1
    Prayers sent Dave.
  • Options
    MikeBMikeB Member Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers and thoughts sent
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,599 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good thoughts and best wishes for your father. I hope for a rapid and complete recovery.
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayer asked.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers said!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    hdcolt51hdcolt51 Member Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    Prayers for the best possible outcome.
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers asked from NC for Edwin...
  • Options
    CoolhandLukeCoolhandLuke Member Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear Dav, prayers and god bless.
    We have to fight so we can run away.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.