In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

WHICH 45

USMARINEUSMARINE Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
OKAY HERES WHAT ON THE TABLE.WHAT UR TOP CHOICE? GLOCK 21 S/F - SPRINGFIELD XD 45- S&W M&P 45- TAURUS OSS 45- OR ?????

Comments

• spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    GLocks are rocks.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    M&p-45, by far the most comfy and controllable polymer .45 cal pistol i have ever shot.. Its like shooting a glock only better.

Double taps are fast and hitting a milk jug at 25 yards is pretty much never miss, it shoots about 3 1/2 -4" groups at that distance in my hands. .
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Look for a good Jennings..[;)]
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • likemhotlikemhot Member Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Another vote for the Sig P220
  • bhale187bhale187 Member Posts: 7,798
    edited November -1
    since we are throwing out models not listed by the OP, I vote for the HK45.

If sticking to the choices you listed I'd go Glock
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    S&W 625 or M1917[:D]
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    another vote for the usp45
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Colt 1911 or Sig P-220.

Doug
  • HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Another vote for Sig P-220 (And I own a couple of 1911s and love them)
  • dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,540 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love my XD45 in 5 inch tactical very nice. I never shot a Sig 45. I do not like Tarus pistols but i do like there revolvers. Just my 2 cents worth.
    edited November -1
    I traded my S&W M&P for a Glock 21sf, 'nuff said
  • BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
    edited November -1
    Not sure how familiar you are with the 45 in general or with any of the models you listed. Glock 21 since it is full size and heavier there is really no trouble controlling the recoil. If you have one with generation 3 frame the grip and feel is nice. I have no problems with accuracy at the 25 yard range with it keeping about 1" groups. Even with a double tap.

Smith - really hard to go wrong with a S&W. Can't vouch for accuracy or feel personally cause I don't own one, have never shot one.

Guess it really depends a lot on what you plan to use if for. I like the Glock for the reliability under extreme conditions.

I know a lot of people (on here as well as personally) that say stay away from Taurus. Never owned one, but I respect their professional opinions.

Good luck
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PBJloaf

not really JLoaf, why didja trade.. My only dislike is that the slide wiggles in the frame when in battery. Still accurate and alot easier to field strip.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by quickmajik
    quote:Originally posted by PBJloaf

not really JLoaf, why didja trade.. My only dislike is that the slide wiggles in the frame when in battery. Still accurate and alot easier to field strip.

The field strip on the M&P plain sucked, and I could NOT consistantly group with the pistol. The Glock is cake tO strip, and is more consistant.

Some guys swear by their M&P, I swore AT mine
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by eboydell
    quote:GLOCK 21 S/F - SPRINGFIELD XD 45- S&W M&P 45- TAURUS OSS 45- OR ?????THAT'S IT!? Pick the one with the most medal. Hey, Jarhead, are you with the 3rd Marine Division, or just on vacation? Look, if the 1911A1 was good enough for Duke Wayne, it's good enough for you. You don't need 100 rounds in those high cap. mags. 7 plus 1 is all you need.PERIOD![;)]

What if there is 10 targets and you have lost your knife and one of your arms is injured and you only have one magazine?
  • moonshinemoonshine Member Posts: 8,471
    edited November -1
    quote:What if there is 10 targets and you have lost your knife and one of your arms is injured and you only have one magazine?

if you haven't done it with eight then kiss your * goodby
  • NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    The one that feels best in YOUR hand and fits YOU best. None are bad choices but I have no idea of how it feels in YOUR hand.

I was in the gun shop yesterday and we were playing with guns. The dealer handed me a XDM and was just bragging about how it felt in HIS hand. So I picked it up and guess what, it felt awful in my hand. So does that make it a good or a bad gun?
  • dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,540 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nwcid i have a XD45 i dont like XDMs either they feel funny to me also. Go figure. David
  • War Pig ActualWar Pig Actual Member Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    XD45 all the way
    DSCN0074.jpg
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    quote:OR ?????

Like some others here, gotta go with a colt !
    personal favorite is XSE commander, but 1911 A1 is a classic and would be a good choice too.
    I also like the colt defender for carry.
    springfield and kimber make some nice smaller 45's
    I don't care for any of the 45 polymers, but I did shoot a compensated glock that felt pretty good.
    all depends on what you want it for.
    just my 2c
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1911 or an FNP-45
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • lindalecowboylindalecowboy Member Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love my Kimber but I also have an XD. For about the same weight, I'm carrying 14 rounds in the XD vrs 8 in the Kimber. I like them both for different reasons but I sure like taking apart the XD easier and like the few extra rounds, Just in case.

In a polymer, I prefer the XD, just like someone said earlier about how it "didn't" fit their hand, it fits mine just fine and feels good there.

Handguns are all about what you need for the purpose, how easy to maintain and how it FITS YOU. Get the one that fits, get the grips that fit and get the mag that fits and you'll love it too.

my .02