In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Anybody need laptop memory giveaway?

lindalecowboylindalecowboy Member Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I just upgraded my laptop and put in 2-1GB sticks and that left me with 2 512 mb sticks of DDR2 that won't sell for much on the open market but somebody here might need it. It was in a Dell Laptop and is DDR2 SODIMM PC2-5300. It was working fine but I have Vista and MS office 07 and both are very fond of ram memory.

If you are genuinely interested in these two sticks for YOUR use, throw your name in the hat and I'll draw a name and shoot it at you. Also, please make sure this memory will work with your laptop.

won't draw this one out too long, will pull a name soon.

Comments

• BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
    edited November -1
    Nice giveaway. Please DON'T enter me, just wanted to say thanks for thinking of your GB friends.
  • hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    please count me in for this, My laptop that i use for gunbroker is draging * bad. Its a older toshiba with win 2000 and has very little memory
  • mauser54mauser54 Member Posts: 3,733
    edited November -1
    Please throw my name in please? My laptop could use them. Thanks!
  • lvpattlvpatt Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nice thought,hope it goes to someone, who really needs it.

i will pay postage if u want.
  • lindalecowboylindalecowboy Member Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lvpatt
    nice thought,hope it goes to someone, who really needs it.

i will pay postage if u want.

That's very nice, but I'll handle that too. Don't expect too many takers but already have a couple of guys who say it will help so that's a good thing.
    thanks
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,509 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have an IBM Thinkpad, it is 8 years old.
    If those would work in my computer I would like to have them.
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 25,201 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please include my son....he just finished an AS in Computer Tech. He oftens fixes other student's computers and often they can not afford parts.
  • lindalecowboylindalecowboy Member Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    I have an IBM Thinkpad, it is 8 years old.
    If those would work in my computer I would like to have them.

Don't know yours well enough to tell you but just try to see if it will take DDR2 SODIMM PC2-5300. will be happy to include you in the drawing if it will work.