In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I don't believe Bill

CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
edited December 2007 in General Discussion
Bill Clinton Won't Attend NSC Meetings in a Hillary White House
Email

December 29, 2007 2:41 PM

ABC News' Jonathan Greenberger reports: If she makes it to the White House, Sen. Hillary Clinton said today her husband will take on the same responsibilities as traditional presidential spouses, with no access to National Security Council meetings.

"I think he would play the role that spouses have always played for presidents," said Clinton, in an exclusive interview with ABC News' George Stephanopoulos. "He will not have a formal, official role, but just as presidents rely on wives, husbands, fathers, friends of long years, he will be my close confidante and adviser as I was with him."

The candidate said having President Clinton participate in National Security Council meetings "wouldn't be appropriate," and in a crisis situation - like the one faced by President Bush this week after the assassination of former Pakistani Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto - President Clinton would not sit in on discussions with his wife's national security team.

But Sen. Clinton did say she expects the former president to play a role as an informal adviser to the White House staff.

"I'm going to expect that people in my administration will turn to him and rely on him, as we do with many people who have experience," she said.

Throughout her presidential campaign, Clinton has repeatedly said she would send President Clinton around the world on the United States' behalf as a roving ambassador, and today reiterated her intention to do so, calling the former president "the most popular person in the world."

I just can't see Bill shacking up with an intern in the Lincoln Bedroom and being out of sight. He's a control freak .

Comments