In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sometimes you win one

jev1969jev1969 Member Posts: 2,691
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
Just yesterday a few of my buddies and I were talking about really great deals we missed out on. Like the time I found out (a month late) that a co-worker sold all of her late fathers guns. $100 for rifles, $50 for pistols. When I asked, she had no idea of what kind, caliber or anything about any of them. [V]
Well today lo and behold one guy mentions he was gonna get rid of his shotgun, a Mossberg 12GA bull pup. I asked how much did he want for it and he said he would take $100. Well I peeled off 5 $20's and she's mine. I have to reattach the carry handle but for the price I can't complain. [:)]

Comments

• Options
    RogueStatesmanRogueStatesman Member Posts: 5,760
    edited November -1
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Last summer, I missed out big-time at a yard sale. Norinco Mak-90, unfired, with several mags of various capacity, and at least one case of Norinco ammo. Missed it by five minutes. Sold for $300.

The one that really got to me was missing out on a genuine K98k sniper. The only thing not correct on it was the sporter stock. Everything else, including the scope, was the real deal. That one went for right around $400. No import stamps, no altered Waffenampts. [V]
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.