In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Cops did it again, film at 11

scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Yet another LA police officer caught by a helicopter news camera assaulting a suspect. after some 50 mile chase thru the streets and highways of LA county the wreckless driver wanted for speeding (at the time)decided to jump from his vehicle and run. Cops were hot on his tail and 4 of them plus a police shepard soon had him cornered. The subject then went prone on the ground with his arms out to his side. He had not been instructed to do this so one assumes he has had the favor of arrest before. the first cop to approach him decided he needed a swift kick to the head and he let him have it right in the face. about then he put his service pistol in the holster and his partners joined in the efforts to further subdue and control the hispanic male subject with handcuffs. turns out the guy had warrents was wanted for parole violation and will be headed back to prison. This time, when he is released he will have a large settlement with LA county to look forward to. When will the cops learn not to beat suspects while there are helicopters flying overhead?

Comments

• robbie pennyrobbie penny Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i posted this story yesterday and it got locked. i then asked why it got locked and it got poofed.
    hmm.....
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    I don't mind them kicking the guy(someone that risks that many lives deserves worse) but doesn't california have enough money problems without giving jose gangbanger a huge chunk of their stimulus money?
    edited November -1
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,520239,00.html

it gets even better......

FBI sources told FOX News that the federal agency is prepared to conduct a civil rights investigation but first is waiting to see how local authorities handle the case.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HobbyGuy
    They should just award California to him and be done with it. There, I can solve problems quickly. Next issue? Come on, lets here it. [:)]

Jim

hasnt california already been awarded to his kind ?
  • peonpeon Member Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:When will the cops learn not to beat suspects while there are helicopters flying overhead?

When the hunt is on and the adrenaline pumping, one tends to forget about the media. Sounds like the punk deserved it. Don't run from the po-po, and you won't have a problem.[;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by peon
    quote:When will the cops learn not to beat suspects while there are helicopters flying overhead?

When the hunt is on and the adrenaline pumping, one tends to forget about the media. Sounds like the punk deserved it. Don't run from the po-po, and you won't have a problem.[;)]

Are you an uneducated black delinquent, living in the south? That term screams "I'm ignorant and proud of it!" [B)]

Jim

I'm Black, educated, from the South. Got a problem with that?

It was an attempt at humor. If you've ever watched any of the cop shows, you'd have gotten it.
  • machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    I think Peon has the right take, the frustrations of the whole thing are going to get vented somewhere, and in this case it was in the right direction. Cops are human, not superhuman. Only Liberals can watch a repeat offender jeopardize others and then respond by kissing his a**.
    edited November -1

Are you an uneducated black delinquent, living in the south? That term screams "I'm ignorant and proud of it!" [B)]

Jim

I'm Black, educated, from the South. Got a problem with that?

It was an attempt at humor. If you've ever watched any of the cop shows, you'd have gotten it.

Yea, as a matter of fact I do. I also doubt that you are black, educated, or from the south for that matter. The term "po po" offends me. Actually, it makes me feel sorry for anyone that uses that term "loosely." If you wish to place yourself in that category, more power to you. Or should I say, "more black power to you." Use that jive * term around a "whitey" like me and I'll treat you the way you deserve to be treated. I can assure you, it ain't gonna be with respect. [B)]

Jim

Need to grow you a thicker skin, boy!
  • screwobamascrewobama Member Posts: 625
    edited November -1
    I think if the parents of these dirt bag criminals had beat their kids azzes when needed while they were young then they would not be career criminals running from the police as adults. I say screw him, I don't shed any tears for him. See it all starts at home!
  • pipe7pipe7 Member Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pipe7
    Who cares[?]

Only people smart enough to know if they can do it to him, they can do it to your little girl too.

Quote by MG Moran:
    Cops are human, not superhuman.

Then they are unqualified for the job. If you allow any yahoo a gun and badge, pretty soon all you will have is yahoo's with a gun and a badge.
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by robbie penny
    i posted this story yesterday and it got locked. i then asked why it got locked and it got poofed.
    hmm.....

What is poofed? I seem to be hearing this a lot lately...

I think ANY subject that arrises in ANY forum that could lead to the bashing of cops gets locked.

I don't like cops. But not as much for their attitude as much as for nonsense like tickets. This is where they lose me. You drive up I-35 north out of Dallas all the way to the state line and you will see small town cops, hwy partrol, every city, town and village as well as constables, sheriffs and even the freaking game warden radaring. I counted 41 radars in a 93 mile trip.

There is just something seriously wrong with this. Why is it red light runners kill, crippke and maim more people per year than speeding. BUT a red light ticket is only $75 and a speeding ticket is $225? MORE SPEEDERS! More speeders = more MONEY. It has absolute NOTHING to do with safety. If it did, 5 people would not have to die at a crossing before a red light is put up.

it has been proven that adding 3 seconds to the yellow light will reduce red light runners by 90% and decrease accidents by 75%, but what does the local cities do? They invest millions of dollars in red light cameras only to end up losing money and now the state is having to pass a law to ban the use of them because cities have gotten way out of hand using them.

Stupid government.
  • eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,052 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    when i see this type of action by police againist a complyant suspect it just reinforces my general distrust of the police. i,m sure the police office who kicked the suspect would not have done it if he knew he was being filmed, and thats the disturbing thing. i wonder what the police officers would have reported had the kick broken the suspects neck and killed him(he ran into the wall and broke his neck trying to get away). if only 10 percent of theses actions are filmed or reported, then there is alot of it going on. eastbank.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I dont like to see this stuff because it just galvinizes the hate that these minority gangbanger dudes have for cops and whites in general. Its the kind of stuff that causes good/not stupid cops to get shot during traffic stops by some nutjob with a grudge on badges.

Not only that, but these guys usually sew and get paid off on the tax payers dime, some cop wanting to be a cowboy, isnt a good excuse. The cop needs to be made an example by being fired.

and for all of you guys defending this unwarranted abuse, you should think about what you are saying. Maybe you'll get a promotion.
  • FWAdditFWAddit Member Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by machine gun moran
    I think Peon has the right take, the frustrations of the whole thing are going to get vented somewhere, and in this case it was in the right direction. Cops are human, not superhuman. Only Liberals can watch a repeat offender jeopardize others and then respond by kissing his a**.

Don't you have this backward? Only conservatives can muster the discipline to override their feelings and maintain professional standards of conduct.
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dano
    Historically, cop pay has been low. Working conditions can suck, and training can take up a lot of your own time. Paper work can be demanding, and rotating shifts can age you prematurely.

The above having been said and duly noted, things that make up for such, can include discounted meals at the local fastfood drive-thru, free coffee at the convenience store, free admission to special events (with proper ID), not having to worry about getting cited for speeding, illegal parking, or other various infractions, and the ability to meat out street justice as needed, on a case by case scenario.

Sometimes, justice needs to be served while still hot. [;)]

Nicely put Dano...... [^][^]

Oh yeh, In Scottm's post he said LAPD officer. No, it was an El Monte PD ofcr. I have seen coverage of this incident several times on the news and have yet to see the ganbanger get kicked. Maybe I missed another camera angle.

El Monte is a city east of LA and has been loaded with mexican gangs for decades. The banger in this case does not even deserve to be alive, but unfortunately will likely get semi-rich off this case.

The only good this is he will have to spend his fortune in the prison commissary.
    edited November -1
    and i,ll bet he sends the police a thank you note for paying for his retirement. it was a win,win for him. if he was not killed he gets rich and if he died his familey gets rich and all on our dime.they should not fire the officer,just take half his pay every month to help pay the law suit thats comming down the pike. in this case he,s alive and may do 5 years, but what he did does not carry the death sentence and thats what the officer could have been giving him with that kick. eastbank.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by eastbank
    and i,ll bet he sends the police a thank you note for paying for his retirement. it was a win,win for him. if he was not killed he gets rich and if he died his familey gets rich and all on our dime.they should not fire the officer,just take half his pay every month to help pay the law suit thats comming down the pike. in this case he,s alive and may do 5 years, but what he did does not carry the death sentence and thats what the officer could have been giving him with that kick. eastbank.

Retirement??? You have to have a job to retire from. These guys dont have jobs, and the odds are, he's an illegal alien also.
    edited November -1
    Yes, I know what he meant. He will win money from the city and can then retire, but if you dont have a job... how do you retire? Your already retired.

I just called a radio station here in So Cal to correct them on their reporting of this. They said the banger had red "injuries" on his forehead and jaw. Actually they are tattoos of women's lips in red to look like kisses. Cant imagine any chick wanting to kiss this scumbag.

The El Monte PD is saying the kick was a "distraction blow" which is an approved tactic.
    edited November -1
    thanks dano, thats what i was infering. i think a blow up doll back at the station house might be a good idea, when the officers get back to the station house they could kick the living s#it out of it and get it out of their system and it would be alot cheaper,no law suits,no assult charges or federal investations, eastbank.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking
    quote:Originally posted by pipe7
    Who cares[?]

Only people smart enough to know if they can do it to him, they can do it to your little girl too.

Quote by MG Moran:
    Cops are human, not superhuman.

Then they are unqualified for the job. If you allow any yahoo a gun and badge, pretty soon all you will have is yahoo's with a gun and a badge.

I think your taking it a little out of context of what I mean. Who cares if this gang banger got a tune up after leading police on a high speed chase and endangering others, I dont!! If you do then thats fine, Im sure if he hit the car carrying your family you might have a different out look. No I know, you would then blame the police for chasing him in the first place. Were have you seen that the police have chased a little girl and kicked her??? Ya this cop had too much adreneline going and didnt follow post-pursuit policies for maintaining control of the situation. It got the best of him and he lashed out. Have you ever been involved in a high speed pursuit?? Do you know or understand the dynamics of it, or only what you watch on tv and read on the internet. Ya a law suit will be brought against the department and the city and they will pay out, so what. Who Cares!!![;)]
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    not having to worry about getting cited for speeding, illegal parking, or other various infractions, and the ability to meat out street justice as needed, on a case by case scenario.

This is the type of statements that will make ALL Cops targets when the time comes.

22325213068headshot.jpg
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RugerNiner
    not having to worry about getting cited for speeding, illegal parking, or other various infractions, and the ability to meat out street justice as needed, on a case by case scenario.

This is the type of statements that will make ALL Cops targets when the time comes.

22325213068headshot.jpg

What do you mean when the time comes?? They already are targets out there.
  • mousemouse Member Posts: 3,624
    edited November -1
    I'd like to hear the other side of the story. Maybe this guy
    was well known. Often get the same people over and over for
    same offences. Have you looked into the crime stats for illegal
    aliens/bangers in california? Maybe he was calling their momma
    names? I can see the adrenaline making you do something you
    normally wouldn't think of doing. The guy obviously didn't
    give a rip about anyone elses safety when he was fleeing did
    he? There was a case a few yrs back when a hispanic was seen
    to run over a little boy, get out of his car and throw the kid
    to the side of the road. He had lots of witnesses. Crashing his
    car a couple blocks up the street a mob of citizens beat the
    crap out of him before the cops got there. They probably would
    have killed him. See any justice?
    edited November -1
    We have Courts to institute Punishment, Not Cops!
    edited November -1
    The officer was the first to respond. The guy also had his hand
    under himself, could have had a weapon. Long rap sheet, known
    gang banger. Looks like he was being smart. They could have
    let the dog have him.
    edited November -1
    If you think punishment is getting a bed, a roof and three squares
    a day while you sit around and chat with other bangers about
    your exploits while waiting till your case comes up? oh yeah,
    forgot sleeping whenever you want, cause you don't have to
    work the next day. [;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mouse
    The officer was the first to respond. The guy also had his hand
    under himself, could have had a weapon. Long rap sheet, known
    gang banger. Looks like he was being smart. They could have
    let the dog have him.

The guy was spread eagle, he did not have his hands under his body.
    I don't care if the courts give this guy life in jail, but the rogue cops have to be stopped AT ALL COSTS!
    edited November -1
    Watch the tape again. When the cop is banging him with the flashlight, his right hand is under his belly.
    edited November -1
    2_61_320kick.jpg
    edited November -1
    there was at least one other law breaker in that yard besides the suspect that day. and i know what is meant by when the time comes. that being if the shtf a officer may be on his own and would not get any help from a civilian, with the difference maybe being life or death for the officer. and the trouble with that is the officer not getting any help will not be the one who screwed with the civilian in the first place, but will be lumped with him anyway. eastbank.
  • dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    Even after thousands of years man still has animal instincts and the "chase" impulse is gonna happen. It's just nature. Not pretty nor acceptable but in another 100k or so maybe we will be beyond it. We are not as civilized as we think.
    edited November -1
    www.federaljack.com/2009/05/14/california-police-launch-investigation-after-officer-kicks- Ok, this website has a
    longer video, and from a different view showing the kick.
    Must have been another helicopter filming? Now in this
    video, it looks like the officer is taking a running full
    back kick, and about knocks the guys head off. Hmmmmm...
    also shows the suspect running prior to lying down spread
    eagled. This looked like excessive force.
    edited November -1
    El Monte cop owns clothing line catering to gang bangers
    By Frank Girardot on May 15, 2009 7:19 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | ShareThis
    George Fierro, the El Monte cop identified by sources inside City Hall as the officer who kicked a prone suspect in the head, owns Torcido Clothing, a line of apparel catering to gang members that glorifies prison life.

Here's an excerpt from Friday's story:

The Torcido

This logo appears on a t-shirt sold on torcidoclothing.com. The number refers to the penal code section for gang crimes. The period in the shirt is a bullet.

Clothing company "features some of the hardest authentic jail house threads for the streets. Straight from East L.A., Califas ..." according to its Web site.'

Selling clothes about gang or prison life is "completely inconsistent" with behavior expected from officers, said Jay Wachtel, a Cal State Fullerton ethics instructor in the criminal justice program.

"I can't possibly imagine a law enforcement officer selling clothes that glorify gang activity," he said.

On Torcido's Web site, shoppers can buy a T-shirt emblazoned with "186.22," the section of the state's criminal code that gives more prison time to people who commit a crime related to street gang activity.

Another shirt has "L.A. County Jail" on the front. Another has "Dept. of Corrections P-Bay Segregated Housing Unit," which refers to the Pelican Bay State Prison unit where leaders of the Mexican Mafia are housed.

Now aint that a kick in the head??
    edited November -1
    found this comment on a website; The only people that don't support the police have never dealt with cholos. He surrendered, yes. But most of us know that cop was in danger. Cholos are the biggest p#ssies. I went to school in La Puente and never saw a cholo fight one on one. 10 on 1 is the norm. They get props in jail for attacking cops. I have seen it before. They surrender, then try to turn over and stab the cop. Don't worry about the cholo. He's going to get first crack at having sex with one of the little homies in the pen.

Would be a good reason to kick the suspect in the head. Also
    the fact that his tattoos are huge, showing big time gang loyalty,
    to a gang known to have started by killing 5 people, including
    a woman and baby in cold blood.
  • 35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RugerNiner
    2_61_320kick.jpg

Should've been a curb nearby.[:D]
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.