In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Boy Scouts of America

kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
edited January 2017 in General Discussion
So...I started in Tigers at the age of 4...went through the entire program and made eagle. Now I am a cubscout den leader with my son in the program. Often when controversial issues were introduced into the program it was always left to charter originations if they wanted to implement them or not. This always allowed the moral beliefs of all the various local units to be respected.

I don't know if that is to be the case with today's announcement. There was no heads up given to us volunteers and I feel very blindsided. If this implementation is going to be draconian than I am concerned that I will have to remove my son from the organization as well as myself. I am worried.

Comments

• Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What new developments? Fill us in.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    forcing social engineering on scouts SUCKS....if so i believe an exit is in order with a full understanding by your son...indoctrination is not exactly education
  • Options
    wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Find a Church that will sponsor you.

That will put an end to that Crap!
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • Options
    Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Member Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [url][/url]

quote:DALLAS (AP) - The Boy Scouts of America announced Monday that it will allow transgender children who identify as boys to enroll in its boys only programs.

The organization said it had made the decision to begin basing enrollment in its boys-only programs on the gender a child or parent lists on the application to become a scout. The Boy Scouts had previously held a policy that relied on the gender listed on a child's birth certificate for those programs.

Is this what you're talking about?

I wouldn't get worried until my local unit is involved.

But I'm willing to bet the boys will handle it better than some parents.

(I as a scout, as were my boys.)
  • Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just wondering, if a boy shows up and joins the troop, just how will any of the troop leaders know just what genitals are under his clothes? In the past there were a few too many who showed too much interest in peeking down there. If you look, you're a perv. If you don't, are you condoning tranny membership? The situation sure gets complicated.
  • Options
    LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nothing new..

2012 = happys allowed to join.

2015 = happys are allowed to become Scout leaders.

2017 = Hoisted the rainbow flag to full staff allowing She-males to join.

No one has mentioned the Boy Scouts around here since they closed the doors in 2012 rather than indoctranate Scouts that weinee biting is ok.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,784 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ^^^^

quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    forcing social engineering on scouts SUCKS....if so i believe an exit is in order with a full understanding by your son...indoctrination is not exactly education

Could not say it better.
    Politically correct DEMOCRATs have destroyed the sanctity of scouting as well as marriage.