In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Wage Equals Labor Production

Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
edited August 2013 in General Discussion
It's really simple: while an employer has an incentive to hire a person if the person will accept a wage that is less than he produces, the employer has no reason to hire someone for a wage that exceeds his production. So, make the wage $15/hour and any of the employees that are not producing their $15+ worth of product will no longer be employed at that amount.

So go ahead and strike for $15/hr. But if you don't produce in accordance with that amount, you might want to complete some employment applications to other employers because you'll need to be seeking employment to get your unemployment compensation.

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Huh? Where have you been the last 4+ years?

According to Obama's Executive Order 13583, producing anything is no longer a requirement, unless you are white.

Neal
  • Options
    fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    New hires at car factories start at just under $16 hr. I think putting cheese on a burger can't quite compare to assembling an automobile. But I never did either job so maybe I'm uninformed.[}:)]
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,506 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fideau
    New hires at car factories start at just under $16 hr. I think putting cheese on a burger can't quite compare to assembling an automobile. But I never did either job so maybe I'm uninformed.[}:)]

They are both pretty much assembly jobs..
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just remember that if someone is fired, they don't qualify for unemployment.

The only ways you can qualify for unemployment are:
    1) Seasonal lay-off
    2) Employer-initiated lay-off
    3) End of employment contract
    4) Employer goes out of business

You can't get it if you quit voluntarily, or are fired.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,840 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When it comes to costs of placing a person on a payroll most are clueless of the hidden costs of the government mandates alone.

A corp had to pay 1/2 of the employees social security and medicare tax. The corp has to pay unemployment taxes, workmans comp taxes, whatever sickdays and vacations days are mandated by law, and the grandaddy of all: Pay for Obamacare.

Add these costs up. If you employer did not have to pay for all govt mandates, it add up to a huge pay raise.

Now having said that, the employer has to pay property taxes, corp tax inventory taxes, capitol gains taxes, and a myriad of other taxes too numerous to list.

To government, wages and production merely something they can tax more.