In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Low Voltage Lighting - Pic Heavy

MarnerMarner Member Posts: 2,977
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Here are a number of night shots of the lighting effects in the wife's flower gardens after I installed the low voltage lighting that she had been bugging me to do for ages.

DSC_0090.jpg?t=1241832627

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0095.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0112.jpg

DSC_0118.jpg

Comments

• 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    very nice, good security too
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,875 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Looks pretty up town, nice![:)]
  • ripcord55ripcord55 Member Posts: 332 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Really looks nice.
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,697 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very very nice!!! When we landscaped our back yard in CA we put in up-lighting for the trees and other lighting effects around the yard and had it all on timers. I really enjoyed that backyard!!!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    now the neighors will see you when you go out at night to pee.[;)]
  • storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1
    beautiful garden and yard.

party at your house!
  • mousemouse Member Posts: 3,624
    edited November -1
    Nice job. how do you get the iris to bloom under the trees,
    thought they needed fuller sun.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MT357
    Looks pretty up town, nice![:)]

+1
  • Astro MikeAstro Mike Member Posts: 344 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dang that looks great!
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does your wife do all the gardening? That looks super....you guys must work really hard in your yard.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 23,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WOW!
    Thats a backyard any one would be proud to have. Looks like a lot of effort to get it to where it is.[^]
  • MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    Looks great but also looks like alot of work. My yard is lucky to get mowed.
  • Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I glanced at the title, I thought it said low voltage LIGHTNING. Then I thought, WTH is LOW voltage lightning. Then I thought COOL, he has pics.

Then the old timers disease calmed down a little after the first picture popped up. I re-read the title, and thought DUUHHH!!

Looks nice, by the way.
  • MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very nice. I have been asked to install some by my wife. How did you hook it into the electrical system? Did you run a seperate circuit from the breaker?
    Regards, MAALOX
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 25,201 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice....thanks for sharing
  • MarnerMarner Member Posts: 2,977
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mouse
    Nice job. how do you get the iris to bloom under the trees,
    thought they needed fuller sun.

Mouse
    Don't know about that but they seem to do OK there.

Ron
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    Does your wife do all the gardening? That looks super....you guys must work really hard in your yard.

Locust
    She does most of it..probably 80%. I only get called upon when she needs a labourer to lift something or haul something.. [:)]

Ron
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks very nice Ron.[:)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    Nice indeed Ron!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Maalox
    Very nice. I have been asked to install some by my wife. How did you hook it into the electrical system? Did you run a seperate circuit from the breaker?

Maalox
    Yes. Actually a few years ago when I built the garden shed which is visible in some of the pics I ran an undergound a/c dedicated circuit out there. Then when doing the landscaping I ran a loop of 12 gauge low voltage wire throughout the yard starting at the shed and terminating back at the shed. The low voltage stuff runs off one 600 watt transformer in the shed which I control with an X-10 remote.

Ron
  • MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marner

Maalox
    Yes. Actually a few years ago when I built the garden shed which is visible in some of the pics I ran an undergound a/c dedicated circuit out there. Then when doing the landscaping I ran a loop of 12 gauge low voltage wire throughout the yard starting at the shed and terminating back at the shed. The low voltage stuff runs off one 600 watt transformer in the shed which I control with an X-10 remote.

Ron

Thanks Ron,

My breaker panel is in my garage so I could add a breaker and then mount the LV transformer to the wall. Drill a hole in the block wall and run the LV loop outside. Do you know how long of a loop you can have? I would most likely need separate loops for the front and the back.
    Regards, MAALOX
    edited November -1

My breaker panel is in my garage so I could add a breaker and then mount the LV transformer to the wall. Drill a hole in the block wall and run the LV loop outside. Do you know how long of a loop you can have? I would most likely need separate loops for the front and the back.

I think as long as both ends of the loop are terminated at the transformer and using 12 gauge wire it can be pretty long but not sure how long. My loop is probably 400 feet plus. I agree with separate loops for front and back. You may require 2 transformers depending on load...add up the wattage of all the lights on the loop.

Ron