In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Car Wreck ?

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
I was in a wreck Friday. The lady ran a stop sign and totaled my car. She was driving another persons car. Whos insurance is going to pay. The lady got the ticket.

Comments

• Options
    BoskettiBosketti Member Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't worry about it. Turn it over to your insurance company and let them fight it out. That's what you pay them for. They are much better equipped to go after the offender than you are.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Should be hers or actually the person who owns the cars insurance. Hope you got that info.
  • Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is where your insurance company earns you keep or you start shopping around. They should take care of you and handle the rest, if they don't, time to kick them to the curb.

Jon
  • Options
    dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have State Farm insurance for the house and cars. I called my agent and she said that if i have not heard from anybody by Tuesday to call her and they would get on there *.

I have both peoples address and the insurance companys name. Integon i dont have warm fuzzy feelings about them though.[:)]
  • Options
    beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you have collision coverage on your car, tell your insurance company that you want your car repaired under your collision clause. Fastest way to get your car repaired. Then your insurance company will "go after" the other driver's insurance and/or other owner's insurance to recoup their payout to you plus any collision deductible that you may have and paid out of pocket.
    0M9InwN.gif[
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by beneteau

If you have collision coverage on your car, tell your insurance company that you want your car repaired under your collision clause. Fastest way to get your car repaired. Then your insurance company will "go after" the other driver's insurance and/or other owner's insurance to recoup their payout to you plus any collision deductible that you may have and paid out of pocket.

This is SUPPOSED to be the way it goes...I hope it does..
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

He claims his car is totaled...see OP
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,129 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sig220_Ruger77
    This is where your insurance company earns you keep or you start shopping around. They should take care of you and handle the rest, if they don't, time to kick them to the curb.

Jon
    +100 this. Let them handle it,thats why you have them. They have the experience,knowledge,resources,not their first time through this,,,,
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,295 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They will go after the insurance of the owner of the car, not the lady who was driving. Doesn't seem fair, does it?

BE VERY CAREFUL who you lend your car out to.
    I lent mine to my girlfriend in 1995, she "was just going up to the bus stop."
    And she just totalled my car, hit a BMW.
    Losses were $100K and it came out of my insurance policy. They never even went after my girlfriend's policy.
    Then, State Farm doubled my rates.

Gee, come to think of it, that day was the last day I ever lent my car out.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    They will go after the insurance of the owner of the car, not the lady who was driving. Doesn't seem fair, does it?

Losses were $100K and it came out of my insurance policy. They never even went after my girlfriend's policy.

I guess the woman shouldn't have lent out her vehicle. The insurance is with the vehicle not the driver. Good reason not to let someone use your vehicle.
  • Options
    bama55bama55 Member Posts: 6,389 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs

Yep. Used to take my boat to an old Mercury engine mechanic. This man was in his 70's back then. He told me one time, "I don't loan my car, boat or wife. If you loan one, it comes back screwed up." I did clean up the quote a little bit.[:D]
  • Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    you want to see some fast action, tell her insurance your neck hurts, and your going to see a doctor, when they call
  • Options
    beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by reloader44mag

Works the same even if it is totaled. I know---been there, done that.
    0M9InwN.gif[
  • Options
    asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dav1965
    I have State Farm insurance for the house and cars. I called my agent and she said that if i have not heard from anybody by Tuesday to call her and they would get on there *.
    I have both peoples address and the insurance companys name. Integon i dont have warm fuzzy feelings about them though.[:)]

Your agent is half steppin'. She should already be in the middle of their * seeing this is settled to your satisfaction.
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by reloader44mag

Works the same even if it is totaled. I know---been there, done that.

Totaled means he will be fighting for the cars ins value...can be a big pia depending on cars age mileage etc...I know BTDT[;)]
  • Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by asphalt cowboy
    quote:Originally posted by dav1965

Your agent is half steppin'. She should already be in the middle of their * seeing this is settled to your satisfaction.

Time for you to be getting on your agent's butt. Call them at least twice a day until they get the process well along the way. An idiot rear-ended my wife's almost new car, and we had a rental the next morning. His insurance started stalling, so I nearly drove both ins. companies nuts with calls and demands. We got her car back in two weeks! I got a copy of the police report for myself from the investigating officer (my niece), just in case we had to go to court. My advice is to CYA!!!!
  • Options
    woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    Glad Your Ok Dave
    Woody[;)]
  • Options
    slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There may be a problem with having your insurance company repair it and having them go after the other guy. Your rates may go up and if you have had previous claims or have future claims you may be canceled. Tread carefully and clarify this with your agent before filing a claim with them.