In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

So-Called Nazi Collectibles

MarkusMarkus Member Posts: 114 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I was looking in the WWII collectibles section on GB for Nazi flags and, all of a sudden, there's all this fake crap flooding the section. When you go there, type in flag at the info box and look at all this junk! There has always been a little bit of reproduction stuff out here, but never like this now! Why is this being allowed in the WWII collectibles section in the first place. If you are looking for authentic collectibles, you shouldn't have to look through pages of crap to find the originals in them. Sorry, I'm venting guys.[}:)]

Comments

• carrie2carrie2 Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Same as some of those "RARE" guns listed[8D]
    Kentucky born and raised!
  • FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    There's a difference between the WW-2 relic collector, and the modern time Nazi wannabe's who this stuff is aimed at.
  • COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...Vent quick...[;)]

ani-texas-flag-2.gif
  • NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Markus
    Why is this being allowed in the WWII collectibles section in the first place. If you are looking for authentic collectibles, you shouldn't have to look through pages of crap to find the originals in them. Sorry, I'm venting guys.[}:)]

Because it is their auction and you can list whatever you want under whatever heading you like. There is no nanny's over looking every auction making sure it is "where everyone thinks it should be".
  • storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1
    what are you looking for? i will be in prage next week. they have all sorts of really cool and really cheap authentic nazi swag. to get it out all you have to do is send it really cheap with their postal service and not insure it. that way they dont even bother checking. when it gets to montana and im back, ill put it up for bids.
  • bintherebinthere Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Be very, very careful. I asked the same question and wondered how to warn people about this fraud and I got banned!! Hope to see you again.
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
  • givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    Markus: so, there's a lot of fakes? Good for you! You can spot them! I'll (with your permission) call on you if I ever am in the market to buy, so's I be not cheated! Thanks, brother!

Cartod: You Slay Me!!![:D]
  • MarkusMarkus Member Posts: 114 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well guys, I'm sorry to have brought this up. I've sold many guns out here and they've all been quality pieces. I thought I might have had a little more understanding from a bunch of guys who, obviously, come out here for good, quality merchandise and a love of military history. I may be a starting member to the forum, but I've sold firearms on here for years and have a perfect score. I just didn't want this great auction site turning into E-bad, that's all. Who-da' thought I'd get such negative responses. There's a difference between whining and venting, I know, I'm married!
  • bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gb use to be where the purists hung out. when fleebay kicked out gun stuff, a lot of the trash came here. such is life when you leave the barn door open.[:(]
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • MarkusMarkus Member Posts: 114 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guys, I'm sorry again. I apologise to all and to GB. This is America and you can sell anything you want. The economy is down where I live and I've been a little angry lately.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Fatstrat
    There's a difference between the WW-2 relic collector, and the modern time Nazi wannabe's who this stuff is aimed at.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

These people are far worse than mall ninjas and 30 year old Nam Vets.

They actually want to re-start the NSDAP.

Horrifying.

My x Son-in-Law is one.

"Admittedly, the Nazis were bad, but if only Hitler hadn't (had)...."

In the shape the Country is in, we ALL have to be vigilant that something like that doesn't happen.

Doug
    edited November -1
    There is a helluva difference between admiring the German culture historically, and admiring the Nazis.

One must take care how one views them/it.

Doug
  • pipe7pipe7 Member Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why would anyone want Nazi crap??? They epitomize the word evil. The Nazis destroyed millions of lives. [xx(]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    The Swastika can be viewed as a religious symbol, it has been around for centuries, long before the Nazi's adopted it for their symbol.

The swastika is an ancient symbol that has been used for over 3,000 years. (That even predates the ancient Egyptian symbol, the Ankh!) Artifacts such as pottery and coins from ancient Troy show that the swastika was a commonly used symbol as far back as 1000 BCE.

During the following thousand years, the image of the swastika was used by many cultures around the world, including in China, Japan, India, and southern Europe. By the Middle Ages, the swastika was a well known, if not commonly used, symbol but was called by many different names:
    edited November -1
    Yup.

I was referring to the political party not the crooked cross.

Was that "Hackenkreuz" ??

Doug
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I dunno, somewhere I read it symbolized the 4 corners of the world, and at one time it was actually a peace symbol..
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is a Buddhist swastika compared to a Nazi swastika. I think the Buddhist use a wheel on their grave markers now. The Nazis hurt the popularity of the swastika as a peace symbol and good luck charm.

BuddhistSwastika.jpgNaziSwastika.jpg
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Earl, actually Germany declared war on the United States.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doug Wilson
    Yup.

I was referring to the political party not the crooked cross.

Was that "Hackenkreuz" ??

Doug

Earl...

You made my point.

Thank you.

Doug
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doug Wilson
    There is a helluva difference between admiring the German culture historically, and admiring the Nazis.

One must take care how one views them/it.

Doug

Earl -

You made my point.

Thank you.

Doug
  • wlfmn323wlfmn323 Member Posts: 4,712
    edited November -1
    yeah yeah, hitler did some good things, the autobahn, the peoples car, etc etc. lets not forget the millions of deaths he caused, the contribution to art, such as lampshades from human skin. mussolini did some good things too, trains ran on time( because the late conductors were shot.) every country has a leader in its history that did some good things, but ultimately created a bad stigma for the people. thus the way with things.
  • VinhlongVet71VinhlongVet71 Member Posts: 4,605
    edited November -1
    My BIL has some daggers from WWII with the nazi swasticaka on them with the SS emblem also. I haven't seen them but I believe I remember him to say that they had the skull and crossbones on them. I'm gonna call my sister right now.