In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hmmm, this might get interesting...

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2015 in General Discussion
Am currently the high bidder on an auction that in the formatted section of the auction it stated that the buyer paid "actual" shipping costs, but in the description they typed in that the shipping would be about $30. Well 1 day after I bid they added that they need to add an FFL transfer fee to the shipping, so now the shipping will be almost $60 for a handgun. With that extra $$ it puts the gun past what I wanted to pay for it. God I hope that I get out bid....[:(]

Comments

• Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Nothing like changing the rules as you play the game.
    I don't think you are liable for revised costs after you have bid.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,091 ******
    edited November -1
    interesting,,,[V][V]
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't pay for it if it were me. You can't change things in the middle of the auction. Tell'em to stuff it!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It kinda sucks, you can't make any changes to the formatted part of the auction, however, you can add to the description. If I end up winning the auction I'll definitely have a chat with the seller.

quote:Originally posted by Smitty500mag
    I wouldn't pay for it if it were me. You can't change things in the middle of the auction. Tell'em to stuff it!!
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Their's something rotten in Denmark and it ain't just the cheese!!!
  • Options
    EhlerDaveEhlerDave Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would think if the auction can be changed you should be able to withdraw a bid just as easy.
    Just smile and say nothing, let them guess how much you know.
  • Options
    hobo9650hobo9650 Member Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Similar to when a seller list: "Buyer pays actual shipping cost". The total amount is NOT known.

All this BS about a bid is a contract. But, bidder don't know what his total cost is. I pass on all items listed where "buyer pays...." I paid $18 shipping on an $8 sling shipped from MS to AL (300 miles).

Just think that management should insist the shipping cost be reflected and NO "Buyer pays.....". After all, "a bid is a contract".

added: In
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I agree, however it is up to the buyer in that case to ask what the "actual" is. However, in my deal it was listed in the description what it was...and changed after I bid..

quote:Originally posted by hobo9650
    Similar to when a seller list: "Buyer pays actual shipping cost". The total amount is NOT known.

All this BS about a bid is a contract. But, bidder don't know what his total cost is. I pass on all items listed where "buyer pays...." I paid $18 shipping on an $8 sling shipped from MS to AL (300 miles).

Just think that management should insist the shipping cost be reflected and NO "Buyer pays.....". After all, "a bid is a contract".

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by toad67
    I agree, however it is up to the buyer in that case to ask what the "actual" is. However, in my deal it was listed in the description what it was...and changed after I bid..

quote:Originally posted by hobo9650

Me thinks that will not fly with the big cheese at GB Holdings inc.
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hard to know how much to charge for 60 pounds of ammo when it cost more to the west coast than it does to the east coast.

if we could somehow figure out how to predict he location of a buyer....

oh yeah. they can email and ask how much to their zip. easy enough...
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,828 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Am currently the high bidder on an auction that in the formatted section of the auction it stated that the buyer paid "actual" shipping costs, but in the description they typed in that the shipping would be about $30. Well 1 day after I bid they added that they need to add an FFL transfer fee to the shipping, so now the shipping will be almost $60 for a handgun. With that extra $$ it puts the gun past what I wanted to pay for it. God I hope that I get out bid....[:(]

If would contact CG support and tell them of the disparity.
    Would not recommend feedback because of reciprocity.
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't pay it.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    Got out bid!
    Now post a link to the auction please so we can all see it.
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    I thought the buyer paid any FFL transfer fees at his end after the purchase.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chiefr

If would contact CG support and tell them of the disparity.
    Would not recommend feedback because of reciprocity.

They would just launch helos and dispatch a cutter. I'd wait until you're sinking.[:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by GuvamintCheese
    Got out bid!
    Now post a link to the auction please so we can all see it.

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=518235854