In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Finally did it.......Remington 870

wartigerwartiger Member Posts: 3,861
edited July 2008 in General Discussion
I did my homework, shot the guns, shopped for the best deal and finally settled on my local dealer and bought a Remington 870 tactical, 7+1 capacity, 18" barrel and all for 350.00 out the door. I could have bought one for about 15 dollars less, but buying from the local guy seemed worth the 15 extra bucks. Now for the accessories!

Comments

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,748 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good for you[:)] Enjoy that machine!! nambu
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just ordered my M4 adjustable stock, shot shell holder and light mount for it. Should be ready for duty by Thursday! Is it wrong for me to be giddy?[:D]
  • Options
    elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wartiger
    Just ordered my M4 adjustable stock, shot shell holder and light mount for it. Should be ready for duty by Thursday! Is it wrong for me to be giddy?[:D]

We would expect nothing less.
  • Options
    jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    new toy. whats not to be happy about[:D]
  • Options
    kiwibird1kiwibird1 Member Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Dakota308Dakota308 Member Posts: 4,162
    edited November -1

is it a knoxx, if not check them out
  • Options
    XLpitmanXLpitman Member Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great purchase! That model shotgun is top notch!
  • Options
    txlawdogtxlawdog Member Posts: 10,039 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love my knoxx, it is well worth it! Glad for you Tiger! Does your agency have racks, or are you just going to carry it in a case?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes, it is a Knoxx, non-recoil-reducing. That's for woosies![:D]
    No rack as of yet, but my Chief is ordering me a Big Sky double rack, need room for the M4! Only problem is that it is trunk mounted, but believe it or not, I have practiced getting out of my car and into my trunk hundreds of times, and if I'm under fire,out of the car and to the rear is where I want to be anyway.
  • Options
    Dakota308Dakota308 Member Posts: 4,162
    edited November -1
    Yes, it is a Knoxx, non-recoil-reducing. That's for woosies![:D]
    No rack as of yet, but my Chief is ordering me a Big Sky double rack, need room for the M4! Only problem is that it is trunk mounted, but believe it or not, I have practiced getting out of my car and into my trunk hundreds of times, and if I'm under fire,out of the car and to the rear is where I want to be anyway.

whatever puts lead on target[:D]
  • Options
    MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    Whats the difference between the one you have and an 870 with a different tube and short barrel? Not trying to be smart I am just ignorant of remingtons.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nothing really. It just comes from the factory with the 18" barrel and mag extension. It's black with black synthetic stock and forened. You can take any 870, add the same parts and have a "tactical" shotgun. This is what mine looks like, but it has a collapsable M4 style Knoxx stock.

95077.jpg
  • Options
    redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,686 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nothing really. It just comes from the factory with the 18" barrel and mag extension. It's black with black synthetic stock and forened. You can take any 870, add the same parts and have a "tactical tacticool" shotgun.
    [img]://www.remington.com/images/products/firearms/shotgun/870_fold_tac_410.jpg[/img]

fixed it for ya.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Dang it Andy, I was trying to get it, it didn't want to cooperate!
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wartiger, have you loaded up your magazine yet? All the 18" 870's I have dealt with hold 6 rounds in the tube. I see that Remington shows that they have a 7 shot tube version but when I emailed to ask them how it was possible I got a reply that it was a typo and that they meant to say 6 +1 not 7 +1. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Have not gotten it yet, but according to my dealer, it will hold 7-
    2 3/4" shells, 6- 3" shells. I will definitetly check this out as soon as I get my hands on mine.