In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Really Nice 99

Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
Here is a really nice Savage M99 with all the desirable features in the great 308 Winchester caliber.

https://www.GunBroker.com/item/789456032

This is not mine but I have bought a gun from this guy and he is a straight shooter.

I am a huge fan of Savage 99's and this one has it all: Factory drilled for a scope, Brass round counter and cocking indicator, cut checkering..........

[:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p]
RLTW

Comments

• Options
    joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    My wife has one that was her grandmother's chambered in 243. Pretty nice rifles.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I once watched an old man with a Savage 99 in 243 put 2 shots into a running cow elk at over 150 yds. He was shooting down hill and from left to right. He took the shot from the standing non supported position.

We were hunting outside of Pe Ell Washington and were on a old logging landing. The Elk were running because I had just shot one with my Winchester 88 in 308.

I was about 27 at the time.

I went down to hook a rope to the elk so we could pull them up on the landing and that old man had put those 2 shots close enough together to cover with the palm of my hand.

We got them up there and I cleaned both of them. I loaded his in his truck for him too. The guy was 80 years old or at least that is what he told me.

He gave me the teeth and a inner loin for helping him.

I had a ring made for my Mom with one of those teeth.

I never poo pooed a 243 after that.
    RLTW

• Options
    iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not the prettiest of forearms, but I've always had a place in my heart for the '99 (grew up hunting with my dad's 303 Savage)
  • Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by iceracerx
    Not the prettiest of forearms, but I've always had a place in my heart for the '99 (grew up hunting with my dad's 303 Savage)
    Would never give up my '06 pre64 70 Fw but the 99 dominates the Adirondak North Country in Warren and Essex county where I have hunted most of my life. The older natives love that 303.
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A 99 in 308 would be nice. But if I foot for a 99 I want it in a Savage original cartridge, .250, 300 savage, savage 303.
  • Options
    ATHOMSONATHOMSON Member Posts: 3,399 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have my dad's 99 in 300 Savage. My oldest shot his first deer and his first buck with it. Dad told him to lean it up against a tree and it would get him a deer. Sixteen years old and he shot the biggest deer ever taken off that lease and bigger than I have ever shot. A lucky rifle and a good one.