In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1st Hair Cut

bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
I took my son for his first hair cut at a barber shop up on the square today. He's almost 2 1/2 yrs old.

I got my hair cut first to let him watch. As soon as my barber flipped the clippers on his mom was catching him as he was pushing the door open!

He watched us for a while and he got used to the clippers. Then, the barber turned the vaccum on to suck the hair off my collar. I've saw grown men with snakes between their legs jump less than my son did[:)]

Well, time came for him to get his hair cut. I picked him up and sat him on my lap. The barber started in cutting his hair.

I'm surprised the bank across the street didn't call 911 about the wild cougar loose over at the barber shop!

He screamed, yelled, and carried on like a wild banshee. He didn't like it at all. After we were done he had stopped throwing a fit.

I hope next time will be better since he's done it once. I thanked the barber and gave him a good tip.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by forgemonkey
    ,,,,Cute !!![:)]

Now, go buy one of those 'cheap' hair clippers and let him practice giving you the latest 'coiffure' and things will be easier next time !!![:D][:D][}:)]

[:D][:D] I already did!

About his 2nd b-day I had cut the hair on the sides with the clippers twice. I had him in his Bumbo seat so he couldn't squirm to much.

My wife ended up giving him a crew cut. I let him give me a crew cut, but I finished so I'd have 2 ears.[:D]
  • Options
    SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    i hope you got pictures!
    my mom still has a framed picture of me screaming my head off at my first haircut.
    she's constantly showing it to friends and family.
    i still cry when i get my hair cut. must be PTSD[;)]

tom
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,334 ******
    edited November -1
    next thing you know, he'll be at his own hair with scissors.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I remember my sons first hair cut. It was exactly like you descibed[:D] He is now 17 and just lets it grow. I call him mary[:D][:D]
  • Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Two year olds look good with a mohawk!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodhog
    Two year olds look good with a mohawk!!

He gets it cut just like dad's. #3 on the sides and the top long enough to comb.

Here is a pix tonight after we got back. His mom made him his favorite for dinner.

004.jpg
  • Options
    swampgutswampgut Member Posts: 5,555
    edited November -1
    Now I remember.....why I don't have kids.[:D]

That looks like a lot of cleaning up.
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Reminds me of my oldest sons first, wife at the time and mother of kids and I went to vegas for a week and had my parents watch our kids, He was 4 years old and never a one. We got back and went to pick up the kids and when he saw us pull up, he ran out to show off how good looking granpa made him look (dad had buzzed him). Well the wife started to cry, wouldn't talk to my dad for 3 months and needless to say, my dad and mom never were allowed watch the kids again. I on the other hand was glad my son looked like a boy instead of a girl for once[:D][:D]