In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I must be in the Twilight Zone, at least I hope so

remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
edited August 2017 in General Discussion
Okay I got season tickets to the Orem owlz which is a professional baseball team on a rookie League. They are affiliated with the Anaheim Angels.

Anyway their schedule shows that they're playing at home tonight, so I went to the game and there is no game being played. So I thought that maybe they must be having a power outage or something and postponed it.

Well checking their website they are playing a home game tonight, and it shows that we are playing at home field, but nobody's there playing the game.

Now I know they're playing because it has the scores up and it's the top of the seventh, and then underneath the scoreboard it has a play-by-play description of what's going on, and there are plays being played!!!

Now I know for fact that we're supposed to be playing here in Orem today, because the schedule shows it. Also the scoreboard on the website shows that we are home team. If you want to see for yourself they're playing, and that we are home team, just go to their website which is the Orem owlz, and go to scoreboard and you'll see that they're playing. And that we are indeed home team.

To further confuse me, there is a bus sitting out in front that says the Ogden Raptors on the side, which is who we are supposed to be playing today.

Either I am in the Twilight Zone, or I have died and gone to hell because I can't watch a baseball game.

Would somebody post on this thread to make sure I'm still alive?

Comments

• Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How about some Pink Floyd "Comfortably Numb"; Hello? Hello? Hello? Is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me Is there anyone at home?

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts
    How about some Pink Floyd "Comfortably Numb"; Hello? Hello? Hello? Is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me Is there anyone at home?

Well at least I'm still alive. Thank you for letting me know that[:D]
    edited November -1
    As DWS used to say; "I knew plants had feelings, but I didn't know they could type"! [:D]

edited November -1
    As DWS used to say; "I knew plants had feelings, but I didn't know they could type"! [:D]

[V] and to think, I used to like you[:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks
    As DWS used to say; "I knew plants had feelings, but I didn't know they could type"! [:D][V] and to think, I used to like you[:D][:D][:D]

• p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    You're not dead in the classical sense anyway.

Strange things happen throughout life. Some have rational explanation, some not so much.

In the sixth grade Mrs Young told me Nicolaus Copernicus was burned at the stake by the church for heresy.

About five years ago I read where he died of natural causes. I checked several references and they all said the same thing.

Was I whisked away to an alternate reality somehow? Could Mrs. Young have made a mistake. She was hot twenty something teacher that told me I was her best student, surely she couldn't have erred.[:p]

Finding no other out of place history, I finally accepted that Mrs. Young confused Renaissance men. It still doesn't keep me from looking though.

The Titanic sank in 1912
    The Magna Carta was signed in 1215
    Charles Darwin sailed on the HMS Beagle

Never hurts to check things out again. [:D]
    edited November -1
    All I can figure out is that they had some problems with the field in Orem, and decided to go to Ogden to play the game. It's only a little over an hour's Drive, That still doesn't explain why the Ogden Raptors bus is in Orem