In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

removing forearm grip

Cornflk1Cornflk1 Member Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭
edited July 2017 in General Discussion
Have an old Iver / Johnson 16 ga., has been sitting over my desk for years. Just took her out and fired a round .. Really surprised with the performance. I have no idea where this shotgun came from. [xx(], but it's mine now.

Would really like to know how to break this thing down, so I can give it a good cleaning.

It has no serial numbers other than R1bf stamped on the bottom of the trigger guard.

Comments

• Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess it's an old single shot. If so just pull the forearm off, break the gun open and remove the barrel. Should be a youtube video of it.

Edit: Place the gun stock down on the floor, forearm up. Hold the forearm at the top and pull it away from the barrel, it will hinge off. If there is a screw holding the forearm on ( I don't think there is) remove it first.
  • Options
    Cornflk1Cornflk1 Member Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes sir Scout, old single shot. I'll try that, just didn't want to FK something up[^]
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just remember, YouTube is your friend. Sometimes it shows you what to do, other times it shows you what not to do.