In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

looking for poly 80 review

remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
edited December 2018 in General Discussion
I have a friend that would like to build a knock-off Glock from a poly 80 kit. I have my doubts that it will hold up to the test of time. I told him I would ask heree to see if anybody can give a review on how good they are for him. Are they very accurate? Do they hold up very good? Do they function properly without any to no failures?

Any help that you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,126 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wondered about the "plastic" used. Are they as durable as Glock's formula? And does the knock off kit have metal in the areas that need it?

With the "registering" the 80's (in my state) why bother with the extra work?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by yoshmyster
    I wondered about the "plastic" used. Are they as durable as Glock's formula? And does the knock off kit have metal in the areas that need it?

With the "registering" the 80's (in my state) why bother with the extra work?

That's my biggest concern, I don't think they put metal where the locking block goes oh, and you just drill a hole through the locking block and the polymer frame and use a pin to fasten the locking block to The frame. I told my buddy that's what I was afraid of, that eventually it would stress that polymer to titwhetr would break. That is why I'm asking you if anybody has one and has run some rounds through it, to see if it holds up
  • Options
    khornetkhornet Member Posts: 117 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It would cheaper to buy a used Glock. He can't ever legally sell a 80% gun
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by khornet
    It would cheaper to buy a used Glock. He can't ever legally sell a 80% gun

To start with, it would cheap be cheaper to buy even though a new Glock.

And secondly, he could sell it if he wanted to. He would just have to have a serial number put on it and get it registered so he can sell it.

He just wants to build one, just in case... He knows it'll be more expensive than buying a new one

I just have my doubts of how it will hold up. Although I don't have a dog in a fight so I really don't care, but I'd hate to see him spend more on an 80% build than he could buy a new firearm for and have it fall apart before he gets a hundred rounds through it...