In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

My Daughter

kumateliveskumatelives Member Posts: 2,609
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
Well folks I guess the good news is my Daughter does not have athritis, she has a bruised hip socket.

She has missed 7 of the last 10 days of school. With dislocating her shoulder ( it is doing fine, regular thing for her) then this hip. The hip is hurting her. Seems like it may be another week befre she is up and around on it. Last night she was in my electric wheelchair running around the house. I was taking a shower (manual chair) so I kinda stay away from anything with electricity. Anyway I come out and she wants to race me around the house, real fun for her she has power. I am faster than she is so she wants a 10 lap race. Plans on wearing me out. Now that is not fair at all. We did not race I surrenderd, gave up , wimped out, quit how ever you want to put it.

She really deals with her problems very well, seldom does it get her "down". I wish I could say the same thing. This morning she wanted to snuggle with me, slowly climbed up on my lap and was just still and quiet. After a while she asked if we were ever going to get better like "normal people" That just tore my heart out, she is 8, I cant tell her how much pain she will have in her future. All I could say was "we will just do what we can, hopefully soon we will have a way to get better." She was quiet while watching a scooby doo cartoon, then she tells me when she has to get a wheelchair of her own she wants pink with green sides.

The fact that she knows what is coming hurt me more than anything I have ever dealt with. She is something thats for sure, a sense of humor that is great. Worries about other people all the time, like her big brother does.

Well she will be up soon, the pain meds make her sleepy. Hopefully she will pick a new movie to watch, we watched the Wizard of Oz 3 times IN A ROW, just the other day. She said every time she watches it she sees something new that is neat. LOL Oh I know how that works. I am going to go see if I can make her laugh for a while.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Just scored her first goal (soccer) in her high school career! Team is up 2-0, currently. [:)][:D] They had a tough loss last week 0-5.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Came in from outside,sat in the lazy boy and called all 3 indoor dogs onto her lap and started to pet them all at once.

She said I owed her $30. an hour.[:(!]

When I asked her why she told me if I was paying $10. an hour for that lazy white guy to pet the one outside dog,she deserved the same.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    is quite a musician, she has a piano scolarship, been doing that for 6 yrs, she plays at the Fla bandmaster * trials all the time. she plays very well. She plays purcussion, instruments, all of them.
    she auditioned for and won a spot on the Jacksonville Symphony Youth Orchestra (JSYO). she is a great musician. She want to go to jullaird, she has not made up her mind about another collage. but if she keeps going, she will be able to do anything she wants.
    that is what I told her, she can do anything, she wants to do.
    she get straight A's for 11 grades now. she is a whiz a numbers, science. she has taken music compostition. I guess I cant brag enough. but for one thing, she wants to fight with us all the time, she wants to beat on the wife, and I wont have that. She demands a drivers permit, I turned her down, talk about throwing gas on the fire.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    She passed on the July 22, 2013. She was 24 years old. I don't know how to deal with this. My failure, my actions contributed to this and I am not sure I can forgive myself. Kristina Harris, your dad loves you and misses you. God forgive me.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    just hit the big 60. I told her no big deal, that life begins at 80.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Her XBOX360 quit working.

I told her we could not afford a replacement right now.

She learned how to play the piano off youtube.

So guess what.....youtube also showed her how to repair
    the xbox also.

Pretty smart kid.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My little girl is going shopping today.

She is going to purchase a band of goldpalladium.

That ring will soon be placed on the hand of a young man that God has raised up and prepared to be a fine husband for my little girl.

I sure hope I can get through my part of the ceremony without one of these allergy attacks coming upon me like I am experiencing now.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    took the tribe on a little fishing trip today,just to get out and about.about a zillion people at the local frog pond,but we found a clear beach by one inlet.my 12 year old was busy wearing her phone out when her pole took off in the water.she throws it down grabs the reelandrod and brings in a 13lb carp on 8lb test.she was pumped after that,no more texting.then her phone rings and it's her butthurt boyfreind,she tells him to leave her alone she's doing important stuff,gotta love fishing.BTW,she catches 2 channel cats 2-3lbs and the youngest catches one that went about 5.I was playing with the new grandson and didn't catch nothin,good day on the water
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A bad day fishing is still a good day.

Glad y'all had fun.
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,687 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    AWESOME!!!
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice...
    Post pics on the fishing part.
  • Options
    yellowjacket7375yellowjacket7375 Member Posts: 708 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's an experience every time my grandkids come out to fish, I try to keep up with all the tangled lines and lost lures,you just have to enjoy it while you can.[:)][:D]
  • Options
    78FJ4078FJ40 Member Posts: 368 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That was an afternoon well spent. Amazing how her interst changed; that's great.
  • Options
    dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nothing like a kids smile when they catch a fish.
  • Options
    legionkahnlegionkahn Member Posts: 4,055
    edited November -1
    Thanks for sharing the fishing story, however my daughter is not allowed to have a boyfriend @ the age of 12. [V]
  • Options
    StokesStokes Member Posts: 543 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a great day. I'm pretty envious.
  • Options
    redfishbobredfishbob Member Posts: 1,434 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    sounds like a great day.They will remember it forever.