In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

"Find One That Don't Look The Same"

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,026 ******
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
Audi TV commercial.

Lots of identical little silver station wagons, backing out of identical driveways of identical houses, to line up to take kids to school.

Then, in the line of cars at school is a little gray station wagon, and it is supposed to be different?

Sorry, but I don't get it. Every carmaker is making a small station wagon, and they seem to be selling a lot of them, and they all look the same. Even the Audis.

Comments

• Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,026 ******
    edited November -1
    Son Travis just bought a small station wagon. His is a Nissan. (His wife's choice.)

No, it's not a SUV. It's a car, with unibody construction. It has no trunk but a covered cargo area with windows. That makes it a station wagon.
  • Options
    WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And they're all made of ticky tacky?
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,987 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nunn most of what you or I would call a station wagon are now called cross overs. We are looking at Subaru and Honda but I am still not sure what all they can cross over.

All the cars look pretty much the same any more.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,784 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    AgreE,,I can't tell what is what anymore and don't care to,,,,again,,back in the day there was no mistake of a 67 Stang coming down the road and a 67 GTO, Camaro, ect..[B)][:I]
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,987 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yeah, or a 57 Merc, or an Edsel, or a cornpicker Studebaker.
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,744 ******
    edited November -1
    ...or an Olds Vistacruiser...
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,805 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Little identical cars, little identical houses, little identical spouses, little identical lives!!

Nunn, you remember way back in the 70s I think it was, when some guy from the Detroit area was driving home to his house in a big cookie cutter housing development at the end of his second shift job, turned one street to soon?? Pulls in to the correct house except one street off. Pulls out his keys, unlocks the door to a house with an identical floor plan to his own house. Goes upstairs, slaps the wrong woman on the *, jumps on, rolls off and starts snoring. 15 minutes later the woman's husband walks into his bedroom and finds a strange man in bed with his wife. Calls the cops!

This was a big talking point on Detroit area radio for sometime. Thing which saved the guy was the same key. Same position on the block. Same floor plan. Bed in the same place. They didn't talk, just did it.

If that isn't the definition of a nonexistence life I don't know what is!![}:)]
  • Options
    woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    Guess She Didn't Mind if she Was Still in Bed With The Sleeping Man So What was the Problem[:D][:D]quote:Originally posted by dreher
    Little identical cars, little identical houses, little identical spouses, little identical lives!!

Nunn, you remember way back in the 70s I think it was, when some guy from the Detroit area was driving home to his house in a big cookie cutter housing development at the end of his second shift job, turned one street to soon?? Pulls in to the correct house except one street off. Pulls out his keys, unlocks the door to a house with an identical floor plan to his own house. Goes upstairs, slaps the wrong woman on the *, jumps on, rolls off and starts snoring. 15 minutes later the woman's husband walks into his bedroom and finds a strange man in bed with his wife. Calls the cops!

This was a big talking point on Detroit area radio for sometime. Thing which saved the guy was the same key. Same position on the block. Same floor plan. Bed in the same place. They didn't talk, just did it.

If that isn't the definition of a nonexistence life I don't know what is!![}:)]