In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

State Trooper buddy pulled me over....too funny!

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,704 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
You know that crazy feeling you get when the lights pop on behind you.....

"What now, what was I doing, they must just be pulling random people over and they'll see I'm not a meth head and let me go, where is my insurance card, did I remember to put that silly sticker on my tag when we renewed things, who all has their seatbelts on!!!

Its so funny to have all of that mess pop in your head INSTANTLY...and then see your buddy walking up to the car laughing!
LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,133 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Revenge is a dish best served cold
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    it's worse when "your buddy" writes you a ticket for 5 over...
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I talked to him forever...just catching up by the side of the road. I did scare the crap out of Karen when I pulled away....I PUNCHED it, tires squeeling and all. That was more for the guys watching. This one little white car kept driving by (at least three times) while we were talking.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Photographer for the local paper!
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,091 ******
    edited November -1
    should've sold him your new TASER.[;)][;)]
  • Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    I know that crazy feel LF!

One of my officer friends passed me going the other way the other day (I didn't see it was him in the cruiser) I jolted upright and looked at my speed and I was close.

No red lights, and I'm relaxing when my cell phone rings and it's my officer friend. He tells me "Good job counselor, you are within the acceptable range!"
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Had one of my Marine Reserves pull me over. Way away from my Normal area Just coming back from a funeral in Calif and we were headed to Oregon.

The other driver was too drunk to drive so I got stuck and I was not sober. Had a very long night hitting every bar in twin cities Calif.

Get about 60 Miles from home and the lights come on.

Boy did he have a good laugh.
  • Options
    SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    local sherriffs love to pull my wife over because she freaks out every time.
    cops are easily amused i guess.[:D]

tom

btw
    last week i got a ticket for 94 in a 45. the officer was a guy that shot at my backyard range for qualifying when the county range closed. he apologized about the ticket.
    basturd!!
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Spartacus
    btw
    last week i got a ticket for 94 in a 45. the officer was a guy that shot at my backyard range for qualifying when the county range closed. he apologized about the ticket.
    basturd!!

id expect my own mother to write me for 94 in 45 and not be the least bit upset about it, but thats just me i guess...
  • Options
    calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1

btw
    basturd!!

Isn't twice the speed limit considered misdemeanor reckless driving?
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    local sherriffs love to pull my wife over because she freaks out every time.
    cops are easily amused i guess.[:D]

tom

btw
    basturd!!

That ones going to hurt!!!

That's reckless driving in my part of the world.
  • Options
    Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Locust Fork -

That's a nice story, thanks. [:)]
  • Options
    tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...I went to High School with a guy whose dad was a county cop. He had the lights behind the grill of his International PU truck. He took a sick pleasure in creeping up behind me and hitting the lights. Usually, he just wanted some beer to share. Scared the crap out of me though.
    ...Impersonating an officer? That never crossed our mind. It was a simpler time.
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know THAT feelin' FIRST HAND!!!

Thirty plus, PLUS, years ago...

Ozma and I lived in a small, boxy, metal clad structure with wheels located smack in the middle of an old farmer's field...

We awoke one morning to the sound of a bull horn being blasted outside...
    The words coming in loud and clear were...
    "Come out with your hands up... We have you surrounded!"

About that time blue lights started flashin'...

Ozma was visibly shaken and asking' "WTH is goin' on?"
    I was making my way to the warped metal front door in my skivvies... literally.
    ... It WAS early morning' mind you...

I gingerly open the front door to see my sherriff's deputy buddy laughing his butt off...

All I said was... "Funny... REAL Funny Mitchell... REALLY FUNNY." [:D]
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you make a deal with him or what,,?

94-in a 45,,,thats just insane. A TRUE FRIEND would HAVE give you a ticket,and did,its a court appearence here.
  • Options
    drl50drl50 Member Posts: 2,496
    edited November -1

btw
    basturd!!

HE apologized to YOU??? What am I missing here......?
  • Options
    Blade SlingerBlade Slinger Member Posts: 5,891
    edited November -1
    I have had a local policeman follow me home from a bar more than once, he would stop at the end of my drive and shine the spotlight on me pooping my pants only to say "I just wanted to make sure you made it home alright" Phew! The local cop is an older brother of a friend of mine. This sounds cool, but it showed me how easy it is to get a DWI in the process, I now walk when drinking, sort of, may wobble some[:D]
  • Options
    woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    It probly was his Wife Or GF LOL[:D]quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    I talked to him forever...just catching up by the side of the road. I did scare the crap out of Karen when I pulled away....I PUNCHED it, tires squeeling and all. That was more for the guys watching. This one little white car kept driving by (at least three times) while we were talking.